Thread: My Home Set Up with C7ES3

Default My Home Set Up with C7ES3

My humble set up. C7es3 singing sweetly with a Manley Stingray and Jolida JD100s. Instrument solos and vocals sound fantastic with my other amp - a 300B SET.

Stands were specially crafted and locally made out of cherry/mahogany wood by a master woodworker who's also a proud owner of a pair of C7es3

Default Appearance increases our enjoyment

Very nice, those stands are an artistic visual compliment to the Harbeth's and your system. Sometimes I think that the appearance of our systems increase our appreciation of the music.

As with food, the presentation on the plate increases our enjoyment of the meal.

Default C7 stands

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I'm very happy with how these stands turned out. Not only are they great looking but also functional - the height can be adjusted to my taste. They're a great match for a great speaker.

Default Mahogany and maple stands for C7

congratulations on your C7's Albert, they should serve you well for a very long time until you get the 5's... great synergy with your system.
    btw, the stand used Mahogany and Maple.

Default Plan appreciated

Hi magnus,

could you post a picture showing more of the stands? Or perhaps something like a plan? Would be really appreciated.

Regards,
    Peter

Default Pictures of stands

Hi Peter,

Here are some pics as requested. Incidentally, these stands were crafted by timber715, a master woodworker and also a proud owner of a pair of C7s.

regards,
    Albert

Default Additional Pics

Default Stands

Hi Magnus,

Those stands sure look substantial. Much like Sonus Faber stands.

Default My wonderful more emotional amplifier experience

I was initially happy with my previous amp, a Manley Stingray, but after having enjoyed this set up for about a year, I felt that somehow there was more to be experienced with my Harbeths. I decided to upgrade my amp to an Accuphase e-360. With my new setup, the music is really fleshed out; instruments are more defined with nice clear separation and yet I still get that nice touch of warmth that I would experience when listening to a tube amp.

Nice detailed highs but sweet sounding without sounding harsh. The bass is not boomy or muddled -- sounds just right especially for the kind of music I listen to. Vocals are nicely rounded out with depth. Compared to my old set-up, I feel that this one now has a more defined character, with a lot more emotion coming out of the music being played.

Default Accuphase

Hi Magnus. I was wondering how you're liking your beautiful Accuphase E-360?

Default Accuphase & C7

Quote Originally Posted by Don Jr View Post
    Hi Magnus. I was wondering how you're liking your beautiful Accuphase E-360?
    Hello Don. Very happy and satisfied with this particular set up. The amp and the C7s match up very well

Default Thank the loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    Nice detailed highs but sweet sounding without sounding harsh. The bass is not boomy or muddled -- sounds just right especially for the kind of music I listen to. Vocals are nicely rounded out with depth. Compared to my old set-up, I feel that this one now has a more defined character, with a lot more emotion coming out of the music being played.
    Hello. I am very happy that you are happy with your setup but I would like to caution you in attributing the above sound qualities to an amplifier when clearly it is the superior design of the loudspeakers and likely your own experimentation with the speaker/room interface.

Regards!

Default Stands

Nice pictures there!
    The stands look very well made. They are obviously made by the example of Sonus faber stands, used for their Electa Amator speakers.

Default The rest was history ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zemlya View Post
    Hello. I am very happy that you are happy with your setup but I would like to caution you in attributing the above sound qualities to an amplifier when clearly it is the superior design of the loudspeakers and likely your own experimentation with the speaker/room interface.

Regards!
    Indeed, I agree with you that it's the synergy of all of these factors coming together and matching up to create wonderful listening sessions. At the heart of all these are the C7s which form the core of my system. When I decided to upgrade my old system, I had the goal of getting off the speaker upgrade merry go round. I asked, researched and found out about Harbeth speakers and was intrigued by the fervor displayed by owners and those who have heard them.

I was a sceptic until I got a chance to hear the C7s by accident. While on vacation in the US, I had dropped by the home of a friend who was hitching a ride with us. We had just stepped inside his home when I heard beautiful music playing. I asked if I could see his setup and that was my first face to face encounter with the C7. The rest was as they would say, is history...

Default Amps and speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Zemlya View Post

Regards!
    Yes, but amplification is also undeniably part of the equation, as amps and amplifier topologies do impact a certain characteristic to the sound that comes out of speakers. Magnus has settled on an Accuphase and I've settled on it's cousin, a Class A Luxman. Both amps are very nice partners to Harbeths. In fact, our local distributor is also the distributor of Accuphase and Leben, and formerly Luxman (which he let go when his contacts left the company).

Default Good music with any amp

I've been fortunate to have a variety of Amps to use with my C7s - an 8watt 300B tube amp, the 40watt tube Stingray and the 100watt ss accuphase. I think it's a testament to this speaker that music sounds great whatever amp I use as has been the experience of the other C7 owners.

Obviously loud, complex orchestral music are best heard using my higher powered amps vs the 8w flea amp. However with simple musical arrangements not requiring loud listening volumes, the C7s sound magical with my flea amp. With high or low power, tube or SS, the C7 speakers accomplish what speakers should be doing in the first place - to reproduce good music for one's listening pleasure.