Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first listen to the P3ESR, M30 and Compact 7ES3 ... could listen for hours

Default Great recordings of horns to showcase Harbeth RADIAL technology

Hey, tinears and Tim VG

Here are three great ones, featuring natural horns

The Six Brandenburgs, JS Bach New London Consort L'Oiseau-Lyre 440 675-2

Vivaldi for Diverse Instruments Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra Reference Recordings RR 77

Handel Water Music " " " Harmonia Mundi 907010

This is the BEST Water Music I've ever heard, musically and as a recording.

Enjoy!

Default Perid instruments

KT88 wrote:
    "The Six Brandenburgs, JS Bach New London Consort L'Oiseau-Lyre 440 675-2

Vivaldi for Diverse Instruments Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra Reference Recordings RR 77

Handel Water Music " " " Harmonia Mundi 907010

This is the BEST Water Music I've ever heard, musically and as a recording."

Thanks KT88. I heard many good things about the HM version of Water Music, but I bought the Pinnock version because I could not find the HM version. That was many years ago. It's still in period instruments. I will have to chase up this HM version, and the other ones you listed.

cheers.

Default Baroque

Quote Originally Posted by tinears02 View Post
    Tim
    Any cd(s)you can recommend? I like music of the Baroque and classical periods.

thanks in advance,
    tinears
    Not anything specific I can think of.. But, some good horn albums are 'The art of the vienna horn' by Wolfgang Tomböck and 'sonatas by Beethoven, Hindemith and Heiden' by John Cerminaro.. both feature great sound quality and tremendous playing.

{Moderator's comment: do you have CD catalogue numbers please?}

Default Catalogue nos

Quote Originally Posted by TimVG View Post

{Moderator's comment: do you have CD catalogue numbers please?}
    The art of the Vienna Horn was released through Naxos (cat. no. 8.557471)

And the CD by John Cerminaro through Crystal Records (album ID: 11637)

That's all I could find.. you easily find both albums through google if you need any further information.

Default The sound of brass - The RADIAL™ advantage

I can't believe I've had my P3ESR's now for almost two years. Just yesterday, late at night, I was working on the computer while listening to some tunes with the lights dimmed.. I just had to stop to listen for a while, slowly turning up the volume just a bit more, until it felt like I was right there in the studio booth.

That's special about these speakers, apart from their very natural sound, they have this incredibly accurate decay quality. When a brass section instantly ends a phrase, and you can hear this hint of reverb, coming from the very dry studio booth. That's just quality. No other brand has ever done that for me.

{Moderator's comment: you are hearing deep into the recording, thanks to Harbeth's RADIAL™ cone material - it's really that simple!}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12