Thread: Is Karan Integrated a good match with SHL5 ?

Default Is Karan Integrated a good match with SHL5 ?

Simple question isn't it ? Are there any Harbeth and Karan users who could give their findings?

I am currently using my SHL5 with a Leben CS600 and I was considering going back to an SS integrated. Any point of comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by dgolh View Post
    Simple question isn't it ? Are there any Harbeth and Karan users who could give their findings?

I am currently using my SHL5 with a Leben CS600 and I was considering going back to an SS integrated. Any point of comparison?
    What is wrong with the Leben friend,I have been using CS300X with the P3's will probably never change the amp as I really enjoy the setup.Lebens will give you all that detail and dynamics witheout a hint of sibilance,are you sure you want to get a SS

Default Solid State and Sibilance?

I can't answer dgolh's question, but (correct me if I've read wrongly), I don't think it's right to associate solid state amps with sibilance. It's a big generalisation.
    Ben from UK. Harbeth P3ESR owner.

I'd support Ben on this. In fact, I think that there is some sibilance at high level with the Leben. This is probably its greatest flaw, especially on rock and poor recordings.

I heard leben int 300 once i did hear sibilance on some songs tht i nvr heard from my ss int. I do think sibilance is more on design but not tube or ss issue. Beside that, imo going from tube to ss greatest gain is power saving. My ss int is rated 60w per side it hardly cause any obvious electrical cost on my mthly bill.
    "Bath in Music"
    Harbeth owner since 2004