Thread: Devialet DPremier plus Harbeth

Default Devialet DPremier plus Harbeth

Does anyone have experience with the DPremier and SHL5's? I have heard them with a Thorens TT and was blown away.

I like the advanced design, power and fact its only one box with everything. Simplifies life and is beautiful. But super expensive.....

I have used mine with my P3ES speakers. Sounds sublime. Small too, easy to install and very flexible. I am a big fan.

It is very good for a 10K amp, but to me, it sounds lifeless... Like most Class D amps.

Quote Originally Posted by garmtz View Post
    It is very good for a 10K amp, but to me, it sounds lifeless... Like most Class D amps.

It isn't a class D amp. It seems completely transparent to me - but that is just pehaps what I would expect, as an engineer! It is the first amp I have tried to match my old Goldmund in timbre, clarity and dynamics and very much less expensive.

Not to be a wet blanket to you but i heard a Naim Nait 5i sounding more natural & musically convincing in direct comparison to a much more expensive Goldmund pre/power combo. Both amps were driving M40. IMO, the Goldmund sounded artificial in tone & did not have that 'flow' when delivering the music. So if the Devialet is anything like the Goldmund, then it'd probably not be my cup of tea.

Found this interesting thread comparing the Devialet & a Tron pre/power. This thread further confirms my suspicion that the Devialet is a very very good hifi sounding amp. After having read the comparison, i am now even more intrigued to listen to a Tron pre/power. After all, i heard a Tron seven phono stage on a Harbeth SHL-5 setup & came away very impressed. And its made in UK!

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...d.php?t=104935