Thread: My updated setup based around C7

Default My updated setup based around C7

Since I got my Compact 7s, I've rebuilt my system around these iconic speakers. . .

Here it is:

Amp of choice: Luxman L-550 AII Class A 30wpc with a Rega DAC, a gen 1 Apple TV and a vintage JVC semi-auto turntable

Interconnects are Vand Den Hul 102 Mk 2 for jumpers and interconnects

Default C7 setup, Luxman

Hi muypogi, What a beautifull set! And it happens to be very similar to my own set. The same superb speakers and the exact same digital source. The Apple TV together with the Rega Dac is performung much above my expectations.

Impressive amp this Luxman. I'm saving up for a Leben Cs600 myself but might be tempted to give Class A a try before putting an order in for a Leben. Have you compared the Luxman with a decent tube-amp?

Default Give your speakers some room to breath...

Hi, looks like the C7 are in a "tight spot". Give them a bit more room and try not to put the rack between the speakers. If possible, reposition the rack behind the speakers or bring the speakers more into the room. Give it a try and the sound stage and depth will improve.

Default Luxman v Leben (one box solution with RC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bas R View Post
    Hi muypogi, What a beautifull set! And it happens to be very similar to my own set. The same superb speakers and the exact same digital source. The Apple TV together with the Rega Dac is performung much above my expectations.

Impressive amp this Luxman. I'm saving up for a Leben Cs600 myself but might be tempted to give Class A a try before putting an order in for a Leben. Have you compared the Luxman with a decent tube-amp?
    I've owned a tube amp before the Luxman. The Luxman is on a different level IMHO, and the phono stage is pretty good. And it seems to give out more power vs the rated 20wpc. Listening is between 9 to 10'o clock, depending on the gain level of the material.

I was choosing between a Leben or a Luxman. Got the Luxman since it was a one-box solution, as it had a very nice MM/MC phono stage, plus the really sexy yellow meters. And a remote control!

Default Leben vs. Luxman

Quote Originally Posted by Bas R View Post
    ...Impressive amp this Luxman. I'm saving up for a Leben Cs600 myself but might be tempted to give Class A a try before putting an order in for a Leben. Have you compared the Luxman with a decent tube-amp?
    This will be a difficult choice. One year ago, I had the Luxman L-590AII for several months with my SHL5. This is an incredible amp and yes, you can feel like it delivers 200W! Viva la classe A! Plus, Muypogi is right, the phono stage is impressive, as all the other functions. The phono stage can be compare with some phono around $2000 USD.

The Luxman L-590AII was amazing with voices, very dynamic and present a deep and wide soundstage. BUT because there is a but, I replace it with a Rogue Audio Cronus EL34 based tube amplifier. Can you imagine that the Luxman, 5 times pricer, couldn't match with the natural sound and timbers of the Rogue?

Personnaly, I have an immense respect for Leben and if you are about natural sound and musicality, I'll go with the Leben.

Sébastien

Default Repositioning my speakers for day or night use

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Hi, looks like the C7 are in a "tight spot". Give them a bit more room and try not to put the rack between the speakers. If possible, reposition the rack behind the speakers or bring the speakers more into the room. Give it a try and the sound stage and depth will improve.
    Yes I do. When I do serious listening at night, the speakers are pulled far forward to me. During the day though, space considerations limit the proper positioning of these speakers. . .