Thread: My new best sounding 3m by 4m room with dCS P8i, Nagra PLP/VPA, Harbeth P3ESR

Post My new best sounding 3m by 4m room with dCS P8i, Nagra PLP/VPA, Harbeth P3ESR

Here is a shot of my new room. It's 3m by 4m and these seem to be very good dimensions for my P3ESR speakers. I'm using the SomethingSolid stands which hifi_dave recommends (and so do I now!) and the Nagra VPA valve monoblocks put out 50wpc each, which is ample for the Harbeth P3ESR. I'm getting a cartridge for my SME Model 10/SME V turntable/arm soon, so I'll be able to move the TV out and reserve pride of place for the turntable on top of the stand.

I only moved the equipment in last night (since then I've toed the speakers in) and I'm really happy with the sound. The best sounding room I've ever had!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Monoblocks

Great looking system, I love the simplicity. Those monoblocks are beautiful!

Default 50W amp enough for M401

Hi GregD, the 50w amp can easily drive the "King"..enjoy

Post Update with SME 10 in place!

Gt the TV out of the way at last (horray!) and can now enjoy a far better view - the SME Model 10.

Default Nice room for P3ESR!

Nice cosy room & setup Greg. Your P3ESRs look great on the something solid stands. As a system, i am sure they sound wonderful too.