Thread: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, SHL5, Monitor 30 & Monitor 40.1

Default Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, SHL5, Monitor 30 & Monitor 40.1

We have the Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, SHL5, Monitor 30 & Monitor 40.1 loudspeakers in stock at Parmenter Sound for our audio demonstrations.
    We can demonstrate the Harbeth speakers with a selection of amplifiers from Leben HiFi, AirTight, Pass Labs & our own Parmenter Valve amplifiers at this time.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parmen...38776836166685
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Tube traps in my room

Here is a picture of my Harbeth SHL5 set up in my dedicated music room with acoustic room treatment from Acoustic Sciences Corporation (ASC) and Real Traps.

The three 7 foot tall by 16 inch tube traps are along my rear wall behind the speakers, this is the launch wall for your sound system and the most important wall in your listening room to treat for best sonic results.

Default AirTight + Monitor 40.1 = wonderful!

Here is a picture of the AirTight ATM-3 valve mono blocks matched with the AirTight ATC-2 valve preamplifier powering my Harbeth Monitor 40.1 loudspeakers.

The AirTight ATM-3 offers 55 watts Triode & 110 Watts UL output power, I am using the ATM-3 mono blocks in UL mode with my Harbeth M40.1, this system provides a wonderful combination of bass control and natural presentation of voice and instruments.

Default Stands for SHL5

Hi Jason, which stands are the SHL-5 on? Are they custom made or are branded ?

Default Different room

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Here is a picture of my Harbeth SHL5 set up in my dedicated music room with acoustic room treatment from Acoustic Sciences Corporation (ASC) and Real Traps...
    Hi Jason,

This is quite different from your usual other picture with what seems to be a "many windows" room with lots of reflections.

By the way, what are those nice horn speakers behind the SHL5? As a friend of mine just bought an old pair of Klipsch, I'm tempted to discover more of these kind of speakers.

Regards,

Sébastien

Default Sound Anchor stands

Hi Panditr, I'm not Jason... obviously! but I can tell you that both the stands under the SHL-5s and the 40.1s are made in the USA by Sound Anchors .

They have a comprehensive web site(www.Soundanchors.com). They are very high quality and are completely welded and very heavy.
    The price is fair for the quality but shipping costs would be the problem!

Default Local carpenter made my stands

Quote Originally Posted by panditr View Post
    I got mine done by a local carpenter for Rs 3000 for the pair - that about USD 60. With casters. There really is nothing to it, they just need to be of the right height, and stable enough to provide a safe place for the speakers to sit on.

Default SHL5 and Soundanchor 4 posts

Quote Originally Posted by panditr View Post
    Hi Panditr, the SHL5 are on the Sound Anchor 4 post stands, these stands are actually a bit high for the SHL5 as this pair is designed for the Harbeth Monitor 30.

They still sound wonderful with the SHL5 but they lift the soundstage a bit higher than normal.
    Thanks Jason.

Default Lively demo room

[QUOTE=Sebastien;16373]Hi Jason,

This is quite different from your usual other picture with what seems to be a "many windows" room with lots of reflections.

By the way, what are those nice horn speakers behind the SHL5? As a friend of mine just bought an old pair of Klipsch, I'm tempted to discover more of these kind of speakers.

Hi Sebastien, yes this is my large open plan room 7.5 meters x 10.5 meters, this room has large double glazed windows designed for maximum view looking up the West coast of NZ at Muriwai beach. We use this room for one of our demonstration rooms because of its design, it is not a ideal acoustic room and it shows that you can still get wonderful sound from a audio system in this environment. We also have a smaller 4.5 meter x 7.5 meter acoustically treated demonstration room to show what can be achieved with proper room treatment.

Thanks for the positive comments on the large speakers in the background, they are my own designed Parmenter Fat Boy horns, there is only one pair of these speakers made.

I will not go into detail on my speakers on the Harbeth forum but if you want more information on this speaker please Google search Parmenter Fat Boy horn speaker.

Thanks Jason.

Default New batch just arrived

New Harbeth speakers arrived and ready to go to their new homes, Monitor 30, Compact 7ES-3 & SHL5 in box`s.
    To our new Harbeth clients we would like to welcome you to the fresh natural sound of Harbeth.

Default New stand supplier in New Zealand

We have started manufacturing speaker stands here (in New Zealand) now for the Harbeth range of loudspeakers, these will be a 4 post open frame stand made from Oak using a 45 mm x 45 mm solid wood post and 4 x 8 mm threaded spikes.

We are starting with stands for the Harbeth SHL5 then manufacturing to order for the rest of the Harbeth range. Pictures will be posted soon.

Nice! look forward to seeing the pics.

Default New Zealand made Harbeth stands

Harbeth loudspeaker stands are being designed and made by Parmenter Sound, here is a pair of Harbeth SHL5 speaker stands in Ash wood before going to the painter to be sprayed black. We will be making speaker stands for the whole Harbeth range.

The Parmenter Harbeth 4 post speaker stand comes standard with 4 x 8 mm spikes per stand.

Harbeth SHL5 speaker stand as pictured is $800 NZD or $700 a pair when ordered with new Harbeth loudspeakers.

It's beautiful!

Default Like open frame stands

Hi Garmtz, thanks for the very positive feedback on my new Harbeth speaker stand, I really like the open frame design but still offering a very strong platform for the loudspeakers to be placed.

Default Rock maple stands for Harbeth ....

We are now making the Harbeth speaker stands out of hard rock Maple timber like the speaker stand pictured above. I have added a 6 mm thick powder coated steel bottom plate that is 50 mm wider all round than the wood frame for extra stability on carpeted floors.
    The steel bottom plate is attached to the wood frame with 4 x 6 mm threaded machine screws and uses 4 x 8 mm adjustable steel spikes.

Parmenter Sound`s new web site is now live, please have a look through.
    www.parmentersound.com

Default Pass labs

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    We have the Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, SHL5, Monitor 30 & Monitor 40.1 loudspeakers in stock at Parmenter Sound for our audio demonstrations.
    We can demonstrate the Harbeth speakers with a selection of amplifiers from Leben HiFi, AirTight, Pass Labs & our own Parmenter Valve amplifiers at this time.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parmen...38776836166685
    Hello Jason,

I noticed that you have Pass Labs amps. Have you ever tried pairing the 40.1 with any of the Pass Labs amps? If you have, how do the speakers perform with those amps? I'm thinking of buying this combo (40.1 + INT-150) although I don't have the means to audition them together. To this end, your impressions would be most helpful.

Thanks a lot!