Thread: M30 review in Stereo Managine, France

Default M30 review in Stereo Managine, France

An excellent review we have been told. We would welcome a brief translation of the essential points. 2.8MB file size.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default A 'warm' review

Here is a rough translation of the "Summary of Listening Impressions" at the end (I may be off by a word or two as I don't have my French dictionary handy):

"The M30s, used correctly, will create in the domestic environment a holographic stereo image in which the speakers will 'disappear' into a three-dimensional soundstage. Extremely distinguished in their reproduction of vocal timbres and acoustic instruments, they can also reproduce the density, depth and richness of more complex sonic textures. Never harsh, never sibilant, the M30s bring a certain 'soul' to the music and brush aside the usual 'hi fi' criteria, while providing a response to products that may be more linear in absolute terms."

Earlier in the review they say:

"... one has the impression of listening to a more refined version of the LS3/5A, with more body in the bass region and a greater dynamic capacity. In the M30's sonic presentation of this magnificent interpretation [of the Bach Cantata BWV 123], everything unfolds without stress ... without offending the ears."

Generally, the comments on the individual albums praise the naturalness of the vocal reproduction, the ease of listening and the lack of harshness of any kind, and the ease of understanding the musical intent of a recording. "Warmth" (chaleur) is a word used more than once.

It's a very favourable review, without any negative comments I could see. You should be very pleased about it - congratulations.

Default The M30, unsung hero?

Lovely... I probably couldn't have said it better myself.. minus the translation efforts of Eric of course !

I truly consider the M30 is very much an unsung hero in the Harbeth family,.. perhaps overshadowed by more recent efforts, the M30 just BREATHES soul and life. I really hope it stays part of the lineup for a long time to come.

Default Harbeth = music life and soul

Many thanks to Eric for the translation. Double D is right on the m30 but I need to add all Harbeth speakers are capable breathes soul and life to let listener purified into musics..
    "Bath in Music"