Thread: C7ES3 "... was like HD for the ears ..."

Default C7ES3 "... was like HD for the ears ..."

We complain that young people are idle and that idleness leads to trouble. Society can't (easily) create paid work for them but we can at least keep them busy and creative. So when we were asked to help by a community project in Preston, Lancs. (north of England where unemployment is especially high) we mulled it over for some time. And then decided to support them.

We asked that they'd take for us photos as the building project progressed, and we'll feature them in the next Newsletter. What we didn't comprehend, until this write-up arrived today, is how hugely appreciative the young musicians are. Who would believe it .... rap music on Compact 7ES3 and lovin' the groove!

It's nice to be able to report good - no, great, news at the moment. Congratulations to all of these in Preston who rolled-up their sleeves and actually did something for deprived kids.

(PDF sp. corrected at 52)

>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Default U2's album ....

Hi Alan,

very nice article. The title's reference to U2's 'Angel Of Harlem' is both humorous and astute.

Unfortunately I'm not able to save it to my PC (running XP).

Was this file meant as a view-only file?

{No, you should be able to save it. Let's check. Checked. We can save here.}

EDIT: thanks for checking, I managed to save it today; yesterday the PC apparently was too busy with software updates to show the Save button.

I applaud Harbeth's efforts and commitment in and outside the HiFi branche; a natural sounding audio-monitor will enhance the quality of any recording, regardless of music genre.

Default Effort remembered

Well done Alan! That type of effort and donation will be remembered long after the songs disapear into fad oblivion.

Cheers

George

Default Lasting impact

Great project to be a part of that would appear to be having a real, and hopefully lasting, impact.

Are we able to have a follow-up piece or update in 12 months?