Thread: Speaker on TV cabinet

Default Speakers on TV cabinet

I have a burning question. Can I place the P3ESR on each end of a (hard wood) TV cabinet that is about 5 feet in length, 26" height with the 42" plasma TV in the middle and the amplifier and cd player in the shelves of the cabinet? Will the arrangement affect the sound quality of the speakers?

Thanks

Default Stands are better solution

It's not ideal, as the cabinet will colour the sound of the speaker. Is it possible to use good quality stands, up close to the cabinet sides ?

Default Proper stands

Thank you for your reply. If that is the case, I will have to look for a smaller TV cabinet, like 45" length and put the speakers by its sides on proper speaker stands. I asked is because I have space constraint. Thanks for the advice.

Default better layout

That is a much better layout.

Default Keep speakers away from TV

I read previously on another forum where someone mentioned that the most noticeable upgrade they've ever made was to remove their flat panel TV from between their speakers.

I would suggest if at all possible you try to keep the speakers on stands moved up front of the TV or try draping a blanket over the TV while listening. (or move the TV somewhere else).

Default Moving the TV = huge difference in sound

Exactly. It makes a massive difference, moving the TV or Hi-Fi rack from between the speakers, or even covering it up whilst listening.

Thank you so much. I will try it out.