Thread: 2012 release?

Default 2012 release?

Hi there,

This is my first post since recently joining the forum. Firstly, thanks for hosting this forum - I've found it's a valuable resource of information for someone (like myself) considering the Harbeth brand. I'm looking to jump of the proverbial equipment 'merry-go-round' and am therefore considering a speaker upgrade - to obtain something I'll be able to enjoy for years to come. I've therefore auditioned several Harbeth models over the past few weeks (M30, P3SER and C7ES3) at my local retailer. I guess you can say that I'm pretty much sold on the Harbeth C7ES3 and am looking to purchase a set in the coming months (saving my $$ as we speak). The waiting period is nearly unbearable!

Secondly, I have a question on aesthetics grounds ;). I realize that the following info may not yet be released (or confidential at this point), but given that 2012 represents Harbeth's 35th(?) anniversary - in addition to the standard veneers currently offered, will there be a special finish offered on this model (C7ES3)? If so, when can I expect to see these at my local retailer? I believe there was a special veneer offered on some of the 30th anniv models...I can only assume a similar offering.

Thanks very much...and I'll look forward to enjoying a set of Harbeths in the new year at some point.

Cheers

Default Veneers for 2012 - no change planned

Quote Originally Posted by crisco View Post
    This is my first post since recently joining the forum... I realize that the following info may not yet be released (or confidential at this point), but given that 2012 represents Harbeth's 35th(?) anniversary - in addition to the standard veneers currently offered, will there be a special finish offered on this model (C7ES3)? If so, when can I expect to see these at my local retailer? I believe there was a special veneer offered on some of the 30th anniv models...I can only assume a similar offering. Thanks very much...and I'll look forward to enjoying a set of Harbeths in the new year at some point.
    You are very welcome. Actually, we were sitting with our PR chap yesterday creating a plan for 2012 - as you say, our 35th - and we briefly touched on finishes. Or rather I brought the subject up and production manager Andy gave me one of his looks. Basically, thanks to your collective support, we've had another fantastic month's billings (out the door sales) and the order book is full for months ahead. There is zero motivation to complicate our busy lives with another veneer, and when I mentioned 'high gloss' again (we have some sample cabinets) a distinct caution was evident. Personally, I'd really like to see walnut again, but what I want and like is totally irrelevant as I am not a customer.

Hope that helps.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Default Walnut for 2012?

Being an old AR fan, I'm with Alan. Walnut is a beautiful, and traditional veneer. Just the thing for a "35th Anniversary"!

Default K.i.s.s.

Another vote for walnut here.

But it's understandable, if you're 100% busy for months to come, presumably the main priority is simply to keep production going as smoothly as possible.

Default Love to see high gloss finish ....

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, this info certainly helps in my decision making process. In as much as i would love to see a high gloss option.....my Quads are piano black.. I can certainly appreciate a Rosewood finish and i understand your decision making process in planning for the upcoming year.

Cheers
    Chris

. l
    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    You are very welcome. Actually, we were sitting with our PR chap yesterday creating a plan for 2012 - as you say, our 35th - and we briefly touched on finishes. Or rather I brought the subject up and production manager Andy gave me one of his looks. Basically, thanks to your collective support, we've had another fantastic month's billings (out the door sales) and the order book is full for months ahead. There is zero motivation to complicate our busy lives with another veneer, and when I mentioned 'high gloss' again (we have some sample cabinets) a distinct caution was evident. Personally, I'd really like to see walnut again, but what I want and like is totally irrelevant as I am not a customer.

Hope that helps.

Default Walnut for me!

+1 for Walnut. At least for the P3, please.

Br,
    Teme