Thread: System pics...

Default System pics...

System pics taken today, enjoy. I LOVE these speakers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Some questions

Nice!

Some questions:

1. I am not sure if the C7s are shielded, and I am also not sure if it matters anymore to flat panel TVs, but you might want to be sure this isn't an issue.

2. Somewhere here I remember reading about the impact of a centrally placed TV on sound because of the large reflecting surface it presents to the speaker output. Do you see this as a factor?

3. One of things I love about Harbeths as a feature is that they were designed to be heard with grilles in place. Do you notice any consequent adverse effects when the grilles are off?

Default Proximity of a panel

I don't believe modern LCD and Plasma TV's are affected by magnets but the speakers are far enough away to not interfere.

What does interfere, is the large TV and rack slap bang between and at the same level as the speakers. This messes up the imagery and sound-stage. If the speakers are moved forward or the TV/rack moved back, the sound will improve.

Default Fine tuning room acoustics

Nice tv anyway... I love Panasonic too (plasma are sill great).

But is right, the huge flat glass affects the sound in your case, also.

I can see some stairs on the right, so I think is hard to move speakers Forward (on in other place ) and I know, also you can watch movies with Harbeth sound

So all you can do in this case is:

1. try to mount the tv on wall for minimize the space betwen wall and tv (which is also bad for sound)
    2. put some fonoabsorbant materials on the frame of tv and also on the rack.
    3 and when you listen only music, you can cover the screen with a fabric or even better (for room design) with a canvas art print mounted on wood frame.
    Cheers

Default Plasma and baffle

The speaker front baffles are actually 8" in front of the screen. The plasma will eventually get wall mounted, just haven't done it yet. What you're seeing to the right is a 45 degree angled gas fireplace raised hearth.

{Moderatro's comment: 8" 200mm is a very small gap that the sound waves from the speaker will easily jump. In effect the plasma panel may as well be rigidly glued onto the speaker baffle because acoustically that is what will happen. Expect the sound to change a little or a lot.}

Default Grilles on is the normal recommendation ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar Kane View Post
    3. One of things I love about Harbeths as a feature is that they were designed to be heard with grilles in place. Do you notice any consequent adverse effects when the grilles are off?
    I listen to them with the grilles in place. Removed the grille just for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    The speaker front baffles are actually 8" in front of the screen. The plasma will eventually get wall mounted, just haven't done it yet. What you're seeing to the right is a 45 degree angled gas fireplace raised hearth.

{Moderator's comment: 8" 200mm is a very small gap that the sound waves from the speaker will easily jump. In effect the plasma panel may as well be rigidly glued onto the speaker baffle because acoustically that is what will happen. Expect the sound to change a little or a lot.}
    Look here, posts 370, 371, 372, 373, 374
    http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/s...p-Setup/page19

Default Thanks

beautiful system. thanks for showing steveinaz.

Default Room dimensions

Thank you. The rooms' overall dimensions are 18ft x 36ft, with a vaulted ceiling that goes from 8ft to 12ft in the center. The family room (pictured) takes up the first 1/3 of the area, and my listening couch is about 12ft from the system. Sub-floor is 10" concrete slab construction.

The pic below is the area just behind the listening area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Solid foundation to music with C7ES3?

Thank you. The rooms' overall dimensions are 18ft x 36ft, with a vaulted ceiling that goes from 8ft to 12ft in the center. The family room (pictured) takes up the first 1/3 of the area, and my listening couch is about 12ft from the system. Sub-floor is 10" concrete slab construction.

The pic below is the area just behind the listening area.
    Hello - I am hoping to audition the C7s sometime next week. I would like your opinion on how it sounds in your large listnening room. I know opinions on bass response is subjective, but how would you describe the bass response. Is it articulate, and sound realistic enough to offer that solid foundation to music?

Default A different sort of bass

Quote Originally Posted by rohitdev View Post
    Hello - I am hoping to audition the C7s sometime next week. I would like your opinion on how it sounds in your large listnening room. I know opinions on bass response is subjective, but how would you describe the bass response. Is it articulate, and sound realistic enough to offer that solid foundation to music?
    Sorry for the late response--
    Bass...only the lowest reproducable notes will slightly energize my room, but it's extremely satisfying in regards to accuracy and tonality. If deep bass is a big priority for you, you may be disappointed. I think it's important to note that the upper bass/lower mid range drive is what is very appealing with the Harbeth. It lends a very visceral, organic tonal character that is very satisfying. It's hard to describe in words. If you've ever heard the bass characteristics of early AR sealed speakers, the Harbeth has a lot in common with that particular sound.

If your coming from bookshelves now, no worries--if you're used to tower speaker bass, be braced for a different, albeit IMO very satisfying tight bass.

Default Veneer?

Is this maple wood veneer?

Default In love!

System pics taken today, enjoy. I LOVE these speakers!
    Sweet set up. What type of speaker stands are those? Thanks