Thread: P3ESR alongwith REL Q150e MK II

Default P3ESR alongwith REL Q150e MK II

I recently purcahsed a Q150e MK II, think I have integrated it fine with my P3 ESRs using Leben CS 300x as my amp.
    I would like to knwo from other more experienced users whether you had some best practices tips to assist a seemless integration.

Please note my setup is a medium-small L-shaped room.

Default Adjusting main/sub balance

My technique for adjusting a REL B-3 to my C7ES3 is to bring the REL's volume down to the point where I'm not aware of the REL until I shut it off. Of course I use the speakon connection.

Default Sub control settings

Thanks.

I angled the sub as per RELs instructions , noticed crossover is not very linear. eg- If you want to crossover at 75hz you will have to set it to 55hz may be less.

Default XTX room analyser

I managed to get good integration using an XTX room analyser. It plays a sweep and listens via a USB microphone for in room response, it will average over 3 positions. I found that I could position the sub and manage it's settings to even out the in room response.

Heartily recommended at a little over 100 GB pounds
    Jim

Default Anything cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ryal View Post
    I managed to get good integration using an XTX room analyser. It plays a sweep and listens via a USB microphone for in room response, it will average over 3 positions. I found that I could position the sub and manage it's settings to even out the in room response.

Heartily recommended at a little over 100 GB pounds
    Jim
    I will check it, but 100 pounds seems a little steep for me considering the integration sounds very nice currently.

Are there any cheaper analysers out there ?