I haven't even received my new SHL5's yet, but I felt it appropriate to post a thank you to Harbeth who couldn't have been more helpful when I called yesterday for a chat to sort out a few queries before placing my order. It was (Production Manager) Andy I spoke to. Despite being undoubtedly busy, time was still taken to describe the finishes available and to give advice on which might suit my requirements plus some advice on a speaker/room match.

As someone who also runs a (small) audio related business, I was impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of Harbeth, and you have made another convert. Its so refreshing to find that these important aspects of customer service are alive and kicking and in my experience seem especially healthy within the UK based audio industry. I have also been very impressed with the down to earth and honest common sense approach that Alan Shaw brings to loudspeaker design. It's a breath of fresh air to find a loudspeaker manufacturer that isn't 90% marketing and 10% substance!

I very much look forward to my pairing of Croft amplification and Harbeth loudspeakers.