Thread: Filling stands for P3ESR

Default Filling stands for P3ESR

Hello!

I'm currently enjoying my P3 speakers. They are placed on some 60cm steel column stands with spikes, by Foundation stands. they are 2m apart, placed around 30cm from the rear wall, on a wooden floor in a room of 4x4m.

The stands are currently filled with a dark sand, I think it's ground granite or something similar. I read that Harbeths like an unfilled stand / open stand and was considering pouring the filler out through the hole in the top of the stand, leaving them partially or fully empty.

Does anyone have any experience here? I read some say half full, others completely empty. I could just try it, but it will make a mess, especially if I want to pour it back in if it's not right!

Hope you can help.

{Moderator's comment: We truly do not believe that an empty, potentially ringy metal stand can be to any sonic benefit, whatever you may have read. Strongly suggest that you leave well alone and just enjoy the music.}
    Thanks

Default Stand filling ....

I would recommend filling it just enough so the pillars won't ring anymore. That should be sufficient. Filling it completely will give you a less lively sound.