Thread: Need help on fixing damaged grilles fabric

Default Need help on fixing damaged grilles fabric

I have damaged the fabric at the corners of the grilles of my M30 while trying to remove them (which by the way, I haven't been able to), could I buy the fabric and reupholster then myself? Where can I get the same fabric?

Does anyone know if I could send them to Harbeth to have it done by themselves? I am afraid that if this is possible it might be expensive. Thank you.

{Moderator's comment: First you need to talk to your local dealer/importer. They exist to represent Harbeth in your country (what country are you in?). That's the correct way to proceed.}

Default Fabric grilles

Quote Originally Posted by zindra View Post
    I have damaged the fabric at the corners of the grilles of my M30 while trying to remove them (which by the way, I haven't been able to), could I buy the fabric and reupholster then myself? Where can I get the same fabric?

Does anyone know if I could send them to Harbeth to have it done by themselves? I am afraid that if this is possible it might be expensive. Thank you.

{Moderator's comment: First you need to talk to your local dealer/importer. They exist to represent Harbeth in your country (what country are you in?). That's the correct way to proceed.}
    I live in Spain, I was just hoping I could buy the fabric and do it myself, since It's not a difficult task and it's just a cosmetic issue. I guess the dealer will be expensive, I'll contact them anyhow. Still couldn't remove the grilles! They are incredibly tight. Thank you.

Default Contact Noel!

Zindra:

You may want to contact Noel at Skylan stands - I understand he makes a Harbeth grille removal tool.

Or you could just leave the grilles alone: now that I have read about the effect even slight physical contact can have with the surface of a driver, especially a tweeter, I'd be inclined just to leave them on.

Default Grille contact

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    Zindra:

You may want to contact Noel at Skylan stands - I understand he makes a Harbeth grille removal tool.

Or you could just leave the grilles alone: now that I have read about the effect even slight physical contact can have with the surface of a driver, especially a tweeter, I'd be inclined just to leave them on.
    What effect does physical contact with the driver have? I noticed that the metal dome covering the tweeter is actually touching the grille, but I didn't think that's important, I don't notice anything wrong so far.

{Moderator's comment: That is perfectly normal.}

Default Craving for a look-see

About ten days ago I ordered this grille remover at Skylan. It was delivered to me today and I must say that it works perfectly!
    Sometimes you just crave to see your speakers with the grills off, I know... Damage is inevitable without a good tool.