Thread: Trust your local Dealer

Default Trust your local Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by HUG-1 View Post
    ... After-care issues are rarely black and white...
    "Harbeth UK, I demand that you help me. My speaker looks like this. I bid for it on the internet. The seller cannot be contacted. He described it as in perfect condition. The carton was unmarked and I threw it away... ".

A disaster for all concerned. To replicate the damage (however caused) of not only splitting open the cabinet corner but cracking the baffle which is securely screwed to the cabinet, severing the magnet from the 12" woofer and breaking-off the midrange sealed box we estimate that this speaker was dropped from the equivalent a first floor window. Will the truth ever be known?

Buy from a local Authorised Harbeth Dealer you trust who has your long term best interests at heart and where there can be proper care for your speakers during and after the sale.

>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Default Woeful - and no comback

What a tale of woe. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of comeback with damaged products purchased from auction sites.

I would imagine this speaker was damaged in transit and must have suffered a dramatic fall from a great height as the speakers are very well packaged. I've never experienced so much as a scratch on any Harbeth speaker I have received.

If purchased from a dealer, he would make sure the customer had a replacement pair as they would have had insurance but if purchased from an individual, you are on sticky ground.

Default Caveat emptor

Truly a case of "Buyer Beware".. if it looks too good to be true, then chances are it is.

The buyer probably thought he was getting a "great deal" on a pair of 40.1's .. what a shame.

I'm not sure what the buyer thinks his recourse is with the Manufacturer at this point ? Is he expecting refurbishment (or heaven forbid replacement ???) of a product sourced from an unknown vendor? I doubt he has any recourse, unless the online source has some sort of buyer protection/insurance policy in place.

A sad story indeed !