Please read! Why we are here? Joining & Registration . . .
Hello and welcome to the Harbeth User Group. This Group is unique because of the high quality of our membership across so many industries, professions and walks of life. Why are we here? Why does this group exist? What should we discuss or should not discuss?
My intention here is to build a knowledge based archive of our combined experience of getting the best from Harbeth speakers, in real rooms with the widest range of equipment and music. This is not a free-running chat forum with Members scrambling over each other to make a point. We are very aware that this is a living historical document, explaining and illustrating the 'BBC monitor concept' as embodied in Harbeth loudspeakers. There are just a few Condition of Membership; one is that you agree to complete your User Profile and to keep it accurate and up to date. It's only fair that we all know a little about each other.
Before posting, please ask yourself:
- Will my contribution be of direct interest in twenty years to a future researcher studying BBC monitor speaker design? Or is it off-topic?
- Will my contribution add some factual knowledge or is it just a opinion? (Example: strongly recommending this or that amplifier, stand, cable without careful A-B testing)
Each and every Membership application is validated. We delete frivolous, offensive, incomplete, where we suspect the information or location is falsified, multiple or otherwise unacceptable applications without notice. Your membership application must include a few details about yourself, or you will not be able to join. Please remember that you must reply to our welcoming email to Activate your membership.
PLEASE read the next post concerning the Activation process. Please remember that your prior Smartgroup registration is still active if you wish to search the old Harbeth Group's archive but we have closed the Smartgroup to new members.
P.S.. Harbeth will not knowingly pass details of any of our members to any other organisation.
Last edited by A.S.; 03-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Activation email needs your response ...
Please be aware that even though you Register, and your name appears on the 'who is online box' you can NOT make postings until you have Activated your account.
Your application to join will be sent to the Moderator, and is individually examined. That can take 24 hours, normally less. If you have provided enough information and your application is not offensive or frivolous and you fulfil the Membership Criteria you will be sent a 'Welcome' e-mail. If your application has been rejected, you may also receive an email asking for more information. You can save time by completing the Registration fully first time round. If your application is clearly offensive it will be deleted and you will not hear from us to avild spamming.
The 'Welcome' e-mail will require you to follow a link to Activate your account. That process is automatic and you will be able to post almost immediately.
Please be patient: the Moderator individually checks Applications and this takes a little time. Thanks for your understanding.
Just a few Rules for the Harbeth User Group
Nothing complex, but a few guidelines.
1. Please use the English language but remember that English is not the first language of many of our members. So please write clearly and simply with short, regular paragraph breaks - just like this message. It is so much easier to read than wheneverythingiscompressedtogether.
2. Obviously, we respect everyone in the audio industry whatever their views. If we are to influence others this is best done through discussion and careful argument.
3. The Moderator has the right to edit, remove or hide contributions that do not meet the high standards of this group, or are inappropriate or for any other reason without prior warning or explanation. The Moderator's decision is final.
4. Information posted here becomes the intellectual property of Harbeth Audio, and can be used by Harbeth for promotional, product design or other reasonable and related purposes. The names of individual contributors would not be published or used.
5. Please keep your profile up to date and remember your password!
To keep the HUG fresh, to evaluate how many active members we really have, we have to remove inactive registrations priodically. This also helps minimise data backup problems.
Every time you log-on or make a posting a record is kept in the database.
If you do not log-on with your User Name for about a year, your registration will be deactivated and deleted. You can still view the HUG, but until you re-register you will not have full access and will not be able to post. Any posts you made under your previous identity will not be editable.