Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Harbeth HL Compact 7ES-3 specific

Default Re: Harbeth HL Compact7ES-3 specific

Thank you.

You have a truly excellent dealer in the Philippines and I'm sure that you will be very well looked after by them.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

booze999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    Thank you.

You have a truly excellent dealer in the Philippines and I'm sure that you will be very well looked after by them.
    I know! thanks again...
    regards,
    ed

booze999 Guest

Thank you.

My Pair arrived yesterday! im so happy with it! Thanks to our dealer her in the PH.
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by booze999 View Post
    My Pair arrived yesterday! im so happy with it! Thanks to our dealer her in the PH.
    regards
    Hi Booze999, congrats on having purchased the C7ES-3. I am sure you'll be very satisfied with them & will grow to love them as time goes by. Btw, do share some pictures of your setup with us if you can. We have a thread specially for this. Meanwhile, enjoy the music.

booze999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Hi Booze999, congrats on having purchased the C7ES-3. I am sure you'll be very satisfied with them & will grow to love them as time goes by. Btw, do share some pictures of your setup with us if you can. We have a thread specially for this. Meanwhile, enjoy the music.
    Hi Gan CK,
    Pictures with temporary stands! They still sing very good even with these chairs!
    i just want to share with you! hahahhaa

regards,
    ed

Quote Originally Posted by booze999 View Post
    Hi Gan CK,
    Pictures with temporary stands! They still sing very good even with these chairs!
    i just want to share with you! hahahhaa

regards,
    ed

Wow....mount the C7s on proper stands & i am sure they will sound even better.

Default Re: Harbeth HL Compact 7ES-3 specific

Maybe you should try these stands. Reminds me a little of what your using already!

http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/s...=3493#poststop

booze999 Guest

ill post stands when they are done! these folding chairs are only temporary but at least they are made of really hard and heavy wood...hahahhaa
    regards

Rabbit Guest

I just picked up my NEW C7ES3's (I had a demo pair from the dealer before.) Wah hey! They're so new that you can still smell the wood finish up close.

This may be a lucky sign: I have pair 999L/R.

I am, even as I type this, breaking them in using the radical method I outlined in the "Break-in (burn-in) and bi-wiring - fantasy?" thread.

Hopping about happily,
    Rabbit

Default Acclimatisation to new speakers .... and pretty girls!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    ...I am, even as I type this, breaking them in using the radical method I outlined in the "Break-in (burn-in) and bi-wiring - fantasy?" thread.
    Your original thread is here - regardless of the general advice you may have garnered in that thread, my advice was and is something like this ....

You do not need to aggressively burn-in you Harbeth speakers. You do not need to use 'burn-in CDs', music or noise at high signal levels or any other strange methodology or the result could be burn-out, which is not covered by the Warranty and is absolutely identifiable as such. As I said before, burning-in as far as Harbeth is concerned is a non-issue. All you need is gentle use. Nothing radical is my advice.

Sadly, we do have one customer who is so wedded to the idea of periodic burning-in that he regularly burns-out drive units. He freely admits that he can't resist using a commercial 'burn-in' CD at a high level for hours. Every time he needs a new driver (not covered by Warranty) we strongly recommend that he desists in this needless waste of his money but to no avail. As I've commented before, in my opinion the whole 'burn-in' mythology has very little indeed to do with the physics or mechanics of loudspeakers and rather a lot to do with your ears and acclimatisation to a new sonic experience.

To put this acclimatisation issue into understandable human terms ... you know when you see a girl across the room and she looks unusual, different from the average girl. Your senses are hovering on a knife-edge; you just can't quickly decide if her non-conformity enhances or detracts from your perceptions of what constitutes a pretty girl. All you can do is observe her some more from different angles, as she interacts with other people until, little by little a final opinion about her builds in your mind. This is what we call the acclimatisation phase.

It's exactly the same process when listening to new loudspeakers. You play different music and see how the speakers interact with your brain and your preconceptions. Unfamiliar sensory experience that does not trigger an immediate electrical analysis in your brain that indicate 'good ' or 'bad', 'danger' or 'safe' need more mental processing time. Once you have become acquainted with the girl (or the speakers) you no longer need to constantly ask yourself 'is she pretty' (or do I like what I hear) you just accept her - or the speakers - for what they are. The acclimatisation phase is complete. And in my experience, that's what burning-in a speaker is all about.

Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

I read somewhere that a Harbeth owner sat his SHL5s on plastic stools and he/she was really happy with the sound...maybe the wooden chairs aren't so bad after all!

Quote Originally Posted by timleety View Post
    I read somewhere that a Harbeth owner sat his SHL5s on plastic stools and he/she was really happy with the sound...maybe the wooden chairs aren't so bad after all!
    Yes many moons ago, i had my SHL-5 on plastic stools & they sounded pretty good indeed....only thing was that the stool was not high enough so i had somebody to do a pair of open frame metal stands which opened up the sound of the SHL-5 even further.

Rabbit Guest

Default Re: Acclimatisation to new speakers .... and pretty girls!

Your original thread is here - regardless of the general advice you may have garnered in that thread, my advice was and is something like this [....]
    Alan, in my post to the 'burn-in' thread, my jokey, 'radical' solution for speaker acclimatisation was to play music through them!

Cheers,
    Rabbit

p.s. I really like the lighter cherry (almost blonde) finish of my brand-new C7s; serial # 999R/L(!) Very classic-looking, handsome speakers. FYI, they sounded great right out the box. A final purchase on my hi-fi journey.

p.p.s. I like non-conformist girls.

Default Burning-in using music only ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    In my post to the 'burn-in' thread, my 'radical' solution for speaker acclimatisation was to play music through them.
    Thanks - that's clear, playing music at a normal level is all you need to do. It distresses us at the factory when we've all worked hard as a team to produce beautiful speakers to hear of the occasional mishap during needless 'burn-in' which became an avoidable burn-out.

And yes, I absolutely agree about selecting the unusual. Inherent, intrinsic quality is rarely on the top surface and like diamonds needs digging out.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Default compact 7es3 stands

Can I use the 7es3 on 24 inch stands ? Is this to high ? I like to listen with the tweeter a bit higher than ear level.

tricka Guest

Deleted as a bad idea

canU.K. Guest

Default Re: compact 7es3 stands

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyaya View Post
    Can I use the 7es3 on 24 inch stands ? Is this to high ? I like to listen with the tweeter a bit higher than ear level.
    I had mine on 24" Targets and the difference when i placed them on 18" Skylans was night and day.Read Toneaudio magazines review.He tried them on 24s and found a big improvement when he used 19s. Plus the speakers looked awful on the 24s,the Skylan 4 post has a base that perfectly matches the compact 7s dimensions and the stands can be custom ordered from Skylan so maybe a 20" would be great for you.Noel Nolan of Skylan has Habeths speakers and he knows what he's doing..Great service and affordable.

Teuton Guest

Are any C7 users utilizing tube amplification with their speakers?

I have used vintage Quad II, EAR 899, Puresound A30 and various Croft including their new hybrid with the 7ES-3. All worked just fine with no problems at all.

Regarding tubes and Harbeth speakers; I'm a dealer for Manley Labs and Audio Note and both work just fine on the Harbeth line.

John Geisen

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast