Thread: Dealer Listings

EddieJay Guest

Default Dealer Listings

Hello
    I am new here and not very good with the internet, although my kids have helped me some. I cannot find a dealer listing. I live in Northern California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am holding off purchasing until I hear the Harbeths. Just from reading all I can find, I believe I have narrowed it down to either the HL Compact 7ES-3 or the Monitor 30...but I won't purchase without an audition.
    My room is 19' X 11', 8'3" celing, my tastes are classical, opera, some jazz, some new age, some classic rock. Can someone help me?
    Thank you

Default Re: Dealer Listings

Here you go. Fidelis is the North American importer for Harbeth and this is their dealer listing.

http://www.fidelisav.com/harbeth.html

EddieJay Guest

Thank you!

I appreciate your help.

Don Sawall Guest

Are there any plans to having a dealer in Wisconsin, or perhaps even in Chicago, IL? I know there used to be one in Chicago but there is no longer. I sure would love to hear these speakers. You would think that at least Chicago would be able to handle a market for these. Please let me know your thoughts.

Warmest regards,
    Don Sawall

Default USA dealers availability

Sorry for the delay in replying but I've been fully briefed now by Harbeth USA and I understand the situation. Harbeth USA have prepared a statement which covers availability of Harbeth in the USA ...

"With large bread and butter consumer electronic stores such as Tweeter etc. in final liquidation and Circuit City in Chapter 11 and refinancing it's a sad economic fact that specialty dealers are reluctant to take on another speaker line. We have had no luck finding any interest from Chicago area dealers or the Mid West in general despite constant requests from consumers in that area. We do offer a home trial program for anyone seriously interested in purchasing Harbeth, but without easy access to a local dealer. When you are at that stage please email Harbeth's USA importer info@fidelisav.com or phone 603-703-1800. If there is a dealer near you we'll be able to confirm that."

I'm sorry that I can't just send you around the block to a dealer, but the offer to help the seriously interested would-buy-if-could-audition user is open to USA customers.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Don, if you post on the Naim forum or Audiogon you may be able to find someone local to you that owns a pair that you are looking to hear. I was lucky enough to find someone only a few miles from me in New Jersey that owned a pair of 7es-2 that he let me listen to, the only problem was that he owned M40s also...wow those are amazing speakers.

Don Sawall Guest

Hi Vaughn3d,

Great suggestion. Although I have tried that on both the Audiogon and Speaker Asylum, I have not tried that on the Naim forum as of yet. Thanks for reminding me of the Naim forum.

Best regards,
    Don