Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Hi my Harbeth friends, I have not log in for quite a while :-) Moved my home to a new location... etc etc.
    And finally... after a long wait of almost 1 year, my SHL-5 has ARRIVED! Have been rather busy unpacking my new place and setting up my new listening room ... etc.
    My 7s make way for the 5s to be in my listening room.... but I too love the character of the 7s, so I kept it and set it up in my living room so as I could still enjoy the beautiful sound from it.

For any potential buyers of Harbeth speakers, I hope all these pictures sharing from us in HUG would ascertain you and provide you the confidence to go for this speakers which we all love it so much :-)
    Come join us and be part of the proud owners of Harbeth speakers on this planet :-)

The beautiful 5s

The beautiful 7s

Nice setup and photos. Notice your Mc, benchmark and a Quad?
    "Bath in Music"
    Harbeth owner since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by keithwwk View Post
    Nice setup and photos. Notice your Mc, benchmark and a Quad?
    Hi Keith, yes, you are right on all 3, Quad FM4 tuner :-) Living room is driven by my all time favourite A400, an amp that only cost me $250 and deliver enough musicality at that price range :-)
    I am going to find a Rega Maia amp to pair with my tube pre amp for living room. Starting to like this tube and SS pairing.

tein3, what is your room size? Quite similar to mine..

Quote Originally Posted by aawcy View Post
    tein3, what is your room size? Quite similar to mine..
    Hi aawcy, rather small.... Length - 14 1/4 ft , Width - 8 3/4 ft, Height - 8.5 ft
    Is this the same as yours? I have recently acquired some room tuning kits from an owner that given up his, Room Tune is what I have got now in the room, panels, diffuser and corner traps... still playing around with it now, but m happy with the results :-)

An update on my Sanctuary with SHL5 :-)

Wow! Thein, great improvement of the room and nice rack.
    What effect does diffusers have?
    Any bass traps?

Hi Jmohd, Thanks ;-)
    Yes, there are bass traps on both my rear corners (seating position), ASC 11"diameter, got it used... lucky found item at good price on Echoloft. Helped me to control some "crunching" bass waves around my ears.
    The diffusers on the sides, provide better control of the imaging and also, gives a wider stage with a better control of the highs from the reflection on the side walls.

blazh Guest

The positioning of the speakers does not look optimal. Have you tried to tried to pull them away from the wall and floor?

Better late than never:

Mine is about 15.6ft Length x 11ft width and 10ft height...if it can works well with you..i think no problem for my rooms too..cheers....

Hi, what is the make of the stands?

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    Hi, what is the make of the stands?
    I'm sorry, were you referring to mine, or to the other nice setups here?

i already tried to put the pictures in another thread but i think it fits better here. i commissioned a locksmith to customize metal stands for my 40.1. itīs made of hollow steel, welded and lackered in dull black. and i coupled them to the floor with pieces of hard rubber. it looks quite good in connection with the speakers, i think. very very rigid construction.
    i hope the picture upload works.

best,
    delgesu

Hi Timleety, yes i meant your wooden ones. Thanks

Hi delgesu,
    wonderfull stand you have there. It is far more than enough for m40.1 if you can level your ear to its tweeter. Nice photos and thank you very much.
    "Bath in Music"
    Harbeth owner since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    Hi Timleety, yes i meant your wooden ones. Thanks
    More info here: http://www.guizu.com.cn/space.php?do=product&pid=26

I use them with TAOC SBL 13-MT stabilizers between them and the Harbs. If only because my listening position is a little higher than it needs to be, so they help to align the speakers better. But in all honesty, it does benefit the overall imaging with the decoupling.

They're not terribly popular with Harbeth owners in my area, they tend to prefer metal stands of the mass-loaded variety.

By the way delgesu, nice photos of the beautiful 40s! First time I'm seeing close-ups of them in rosewood.

Quote Originally Posted by keithwwk View Post

My turn now..

SHL5, Old C7 and old P3 (belong to my friend)
    Marantz PM17mkII KI and PM66KI
    Marantz CD17mkIII and CD6000KI

Wat can I say on harbeth speakers..my music partner for my life...
    Hi Keithwwk, Beautiful system. What stands are under the C7s? They look like epos st12's, but they look a bit wider/deeper, and a bit lower. I'm really looking for stands that are like that. Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Hi Mike,

Thanks you. That's was my old photo. My current setups are without marantz and p3. The amps changed to LFD mistral LE and Zero LE mkIII. The P3 was returned back to friend.

The c7 stand was old design from Malaysia dealer sold together with it. I think it was a same design as epos stand except it's top is a plate. Epos stand's top is a hollow frame.

Hope this help.
    "Bath in Music"
    Harbeth owner since 2004

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast