Default Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Hi All,

Here's my setup:

HLC7ES3
    VPi Aries Scout Turntable
    Trichord Research Dino with Dino+ power supply
    Musical Fidelity A3 CD
    Cary Audio V12
    Cary Audio SLP05 (currently being repaired, primary transformer fault - blows fuse)
    Cary Audio SLP 50 (on loan)
    Chord Company Chorus interconnects
    Chord Company Odyssey 4 speaker cables

Currently using the Audiolab8000A mkII (on loan from nephew)

My listening room is fairly small and is heavily damped with sound absorbers and diffusers. I'm planning to buy some corner bass trap soon. Hmmm... I'm still keen on getting the Lavardin IT soon also. I think I need to get new drapes... I think my valve amp's heat has made them shrink.

Regards,
    Joel

Melbourne, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by do_Ob View Post

Hi All,

Here's my setup:

HLC7ES3
    Musical Fidelity A3 CD
    Cary Audio V12
    Cary Audio SLP05 (currently being repaired, primary transformer fault - blows fuse)

My listening room is fairly small and is heavily damped with sound absorbers and diffusers. I'm planning to buy some corner bass trap soon. Hmmm... I'm still keen on getting the Lavardin IT soon also. I think I need to get new drapes... I think my valve amp's heat has made them shrink.

Regards,
    Joel

Melbourne, Australia
    Very nice & cozy looking setup indeed especially the wooden stands. Compliments the C7 ES3 very well. Lavardin IT is a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Very nice & cozy looking setup indeed especially the wooden stands. Compliments the C7 ES3 very well. Lavardin IT is a good choice.
    Yes. Vice nice!! The wooden stands are very attractive.

Hi All,

Here's my setup:

HLC7ES3
    Musical Fidelity A3 CD
    Cary Audio V12

Regards,
    Joel

Melbourne, Australia
    Joel,
    You have a very cozy setup.... Good choice, I am also using Lavardin amp but it is the IS Reference version. Thanks for sharing....

Cheers.
    Music is not to be denied... is to be enjoyed!

The Harbeth's are indeed very cozy!. I am truly happy with the sound I am getting now. I had the whole family auditioning the C7s when I first fired them up. Everyone noticed how natural it sounds and the phenominal imaging. All I can say is - No more tintinitus here!.

The Lavardin IT is my wishlist at the moment... I have been drooling over this amp since it was reviewed back in the mid 90s by one UK hifi magazine. Unfortunately, we have no distributor here for the amp and there is an option of getting one from Singapore or from the UK.

As far as which Lavardin model to go for... I guess the IS Reference is the wiser choice. From what I have read upon in my research, it seems to have the same characteristics to that of the IT model.

I have spent too much money on this hobby from years gone by. It is time to get back to what all the fuss is about... MUSIC!.

Cheers,
    Joel

The Harbeth's are indeed very cozy!. I am truly happy with the sound I am getting now. I had the whole family auditioning the C7s when I first fired them up. Everyone noticed how natural it sounds and the phenominal imaging. All I can say is - No more tintinitus here!.

The Lavardin IT is my wishlist at the moment... I have been drooling over this amp since it was reviewed back in the mid 90s by one UK hifi magazine. Unfortunately, we have no distributor here for the amp and there is an option of getting one from Singapore or from the UK.

As far as which Lavardin model to go for... I guess the IS Reference is the wiser choice. From what I have read upon in my research, it seems to have the same characteristics to that of the IT model.

I have spent too much money on this hobby from years gone by. It is time to get back to what all the fuss is about... MUSIC!.

Cheers,
    Joel
    You're right on the IS Reference, when I audition and compare with IT, IS Reference is very close but IT still have better control over IS Ref, larger sound stage and lots of power reserve. This does not mean the IS Ref is weak... but it is noticeable compared to IT. I am using in a 6 meters X 4 Meters room is plenty of power for me. BTW in France, Lavardin is the distributor for Harbeth! Check out their website Http://www.lavardin.com

Nice photos, all! I remember that awhile back A.S. gave instructions for posting photos but I can't seem to find them now. Can anyone post such instructions - step by step for the absolute novice computer person - including size and/or resolution of photo to be posted? Thanks - Ned

Cheers,
    Joel
    Hi do_Ob, before you take the plunge on Lavardin, also have a listen to LFD if possible. As far as i know, the dealer for LFD is in New Zealand. Have a look at this link. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics...-142948414.htm

I find the synergy between LFD & Harbeth rather phenomenal. At the end of the day, if you still prefer Lavardin, then by all means go for it.

Hi Gan,

Where to audition the LFD in Singapore?
    Have you listen to Leben CS600?

I'm thinking of a 2nd set-up build around SHL5.

It seems that many Hi-end emplifier makers are now producing int amp in the same price range for e.g. Gamut T and Pass Labs. I wonder how they sound with Harberth speakers?

So many to choose from.

Rgds
    Last edited by Jmohd; 07-05-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: add words

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Hi Gan,

Where to audition the LFD in Singapore?
    Have you listen to Leben CS600?

I'm thinking of a 2nd set-up build around SHL5.

It seems that many Hi-end emplifier makers are now producing int amp in the same price range for e.g. Gamut T and Pass Labs. I wonder how they sound with Harberth speakers?

So many to choose from.

Rgds
    Hi Jmohd, pls contact Dr Roland Tan at 97650136 if you wish to listen to LFD with SHL-5. Alternatively, you can also email him at rolandtan@mediacorp.com.sg for more info on LFD.

I've not listened to the Leben CS600 yet but hope to listen to one soon especially with SHL-5. Yes there are many amps to choose from but i personally prefer amps that exibit high musicality & correct tonality/timbre (just like Harbeth speakers) rather than those that have brute power but don't sound correct or emotionally detached. Therefore, going by that notion has narrowed my choice by quite a fair bit. I hope this helps.

Gan and Jmohd
    I have listened to BOTH the LFD MI100 Monos and the Leben CS-600 (the latter I own) and can unequivocably say that either one will be a fine match, albeit sounding quite different. With the Leben, you will have to tube roll (which can be a pain in the back) while the LFD is less fussy and is simply a plug and play affair. Much will boil down to your personal preferences. I am afraid my ears have been conditioned to tube sound for more than a decade, thus my preference for the Leben.

Having said that, I am tempted to own the LFD for days when I just want to listen to something different! LOL!

Best Regards
    Dennis

I hear you... this amp (LFD) is also in my wishlist.

I am organising to take a home auditioning of the Naim Supernait with CD5x combo from a dealer here. Dealer is extremely slack in replying with my request. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

The ways things are at the moment...
    1) Lavardin IS Ref/ IT
    2) LFD
    3) Naim Supernait

I would also like to hear from Naim users out there with Harbeth loudspeakers.

Keep those pictures coming. It's very interesting to see different real world combos out there.

Regards,
    Joel

I hear you... this amp (LFD) is also in my wishlist.

I am organising to take a home auditioning of the Naim Supernait with CD5x combo from a dealer here. Dealer is extremely slack in replying with my request. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

The ways things are at the moment...
    1) Lavardin IS Ref/ IT
    2) LFD
    3) Naim Supernait

I would also like to hear from Naim users out there with Harbeth loudspeakers.

Keep those pictures coming. It's very interesting to see different real world combos out there.

Regards,
    Joel
    It looks like your choice of amp is geared towards PRaT. The 3 amps that you listed are excellent choices.

fongc Guest

Hi Joel,

I think you should also try Densen, which is what I am using right now with my Compact 7.

Regards,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Mast View Post
    Nice photos, all! I remember that awhile back A.S. gave instructions for posting photos but I can't seem to find them now. Can anyone post such instructions - step by step for the absolute novice computer person - including size and/or resolution of photo to be posted? Thanks - Ned
    Ned,
    Is quite easy.... just follow these steps....
    1. Go to http://www.tinypic.com

2. Bowse your computer directory and search for your system picture
    3. click on Upload
    4. Once completed just copy the IMG codes for Forum and Message board

5. then paste in the body of the message with "[IMG]' tags

Hope this helps... For the Size ... generally up to 1024 X 768 is usually is max you should go...

Cheers.

Thanks Soundbyte - I'll give this a try.

Hi All,

Out of curiousity, what cartridges are people using with their turntable setup?

Personally, I am using Ortofon Kontrapunkt b and currently have on mount a Shelter 501 II.

Best Regards,
    Joel

Hi All,

Personally, I am using Ortofon Kontrapunkt b and currently have on mount a Shelter 501 II.

Best Regards,
    Joel
    i'm using pro-ject rpm10 with ortofon mc bronze

Hi All,

Best Regards,
    Joel
    I'm using Audio Technica AT33PTG on a dps2 turntable.

Cheers...

Hi folks, here is a picture of my very modest setup.

The system comprises of the following:

1) Harbeth SHL-5 on custom made stands
    2) Arcam A85 integrated amp
    3) Rotel RCD-971 cd player
    4) Vintage Micro Seiki MB-14 Turntable
    5) Trigon Vanguard 2 phono pre amp
    6) Assortment of belden & Qed cables
    7) Ikea hifi rack

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast