Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Default Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Hi Zhangy.H,

Welcome, nice set-up

What is the height of your speaker stand?

In the picture it seems abit too high.

Rgds

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyu.H View Post
    Hello,my friends,I'm from Mainland China,so glad to be back Harbeth's fans home,put up some pics of my system,hope you can give me some advice.
    my setup is :
    cd player :spark cd 17-a(full banlanced) ;
    Amps :spark sc-120 full banlanced pre-amplifier(transistor);
    spark a88t power amplifier(tube kt88 pp)
    loudspeakers:Harbeth M30(maple)
    cables :signal:Bona Balance SB008;
    Yarbo silver 001
    speakercable:Bona SP600 MK2
    power connector:Cayin P300L
    surge/protector/line conditioner:Forwar FW2200F
    Hi zhangyu.H, wow very nice setup. I am sure your setup sounds as good as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Hi Zhangy.H,

Welcome, nice set-up

What is the height of your speaker stand?

In the picture it seems abit too high.

Rgds
    Thanks,the stands are 650mm from the ground to top.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Hi zhangyu.H, wow very nice setup. I am sure your setup sounds as good as it looks.
    Thank you,I think there is a long way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyu.H View Post
    Thank you,I think there is a long way to go...
    Take your time....enjoy the beautiful music from these wonderful speakers first.

Quote Originally Posted by ical View Post

My hifi system consist of
    - Monrio Top Loader Type 2 CD Player with TAOC TITE-35S Super Insulator
    - 2x Hi-Fi Tuning Fuse (CD)
    - TAOC SCB-RS50G Platform (CD)
    - Quad QC-24 Preamp (Tube: 1x NOS GE 6111) with TAOC TITE-35S Super Insulator
    - Quad II Forty Mono Amps with Soundcare SuperSpike 2 High-End (Tubes: 4x NOS Tungsol 6550, 4x NOS Raytheon 6SH7GT, 2x NOS Mullard CV378/GZ37)
    - Harbeth Super HL-5 with JPS Jumper Cables
    - TAOC Stabilizer SBL-13MT (under speakers)
    - Sound Anchor Stands with TAOC Spike Plates PTS-F
    - Acrolink 7N-D5000 Interconnects (CD to Preamp)
    - Acrolink 7N-A2070 Interconnect (Preamp to Amps)
    - The Chord Company Signature Speaker Cables with Furutech Banana Plugs FP-202
    - 6x Cardas Golden Cuboids (to raise speaker cables off the floor)
    - Acrolink 6N-PC6100 support by Acoustic Revive Cable Insulator RCI-3 (CD)
    - Acrolink 6N-P4030 with Oyaide IEC & US Plugs P/C004 (Preamp)
    - 2x Oyaide Tunami GPX (Amps)
    - 3x Isoclean Power Audio Grade Fuse (Preamp & Amps)
    - Solidsteel Rack 5.4 with Spikes & Shoes & 5kg Leadshot
    - Oyaide R1 Wall Outlet (Isotek & Oyaide MTB-6)
    - CSE KR100 Isolation Regulator with TAOC TITE-46PIN Insulator (CD& Preamp)
    - Isotek GII Mini Sub with TAOC TITE-46PIN Insulator (CSE)
    - Oyaide MTB-6 Power Distributor with R1 Outlet & Acoustic Revive Outlet Stabilizer CS-2F (Amps)
    - Marigo Audio Signature 3-D Stabilizer Mat
    - Acoustic Revive Disc Demagnetizer RD-3
    - Acoustic Revive Ultra Low-frequency Pulse Generator RR-77 with Kingrex PSU
    - Eichmann Express AC with Oyaide P-079 Plugs (Isotek)
    - LAT Internaional AC-2 Powercord (CSE)
    - Oyaide Tunami GPX (Oyaide MTB-6)
    - DH Labs Power Plus with Wattagate IEC & US Plugs Power Cord (Kingrex)
    Nice setup ical! I hope I can hv some diffusers like yours..

ical Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keithwwk View Post
    Nice setup ical! I hope I can hv some diffusers like yours..
    Thanks, keithwwk. The diffusers are price quite reasonable so not a problem of getting them. Btw, I've just upgraded few of my cables, components and etc as well as adding two more diffusers to the side wall behind the speakers. Sound way better than before. You're most welcome to drop by for a listen.

sleme Guest

Here is a picture of my traditional flat earthed set-up which I am very happy with. It consists of the following:-

Quad CD67
    Michell Gyrodeck/RB250/Denon DL110
    Frank Pipit II phonostage (local Malaysian Company)
    Quad 34/306 (in the picture I am using 2 306s monoblocked. Now reverted to 1)
    Quad speaker cables and interconnects.
    Harbeth Compact 7
    Custom 'Sam Chan' speaker stands
    Custom LP/Hifi Rack

Quote Originally Posted by sleme View Post
    Here is a picture of my traditional flat earthed set-up which I am very happy with. It consists of the following:-

Quad CD67
    Harbeth Compact 7
    Custom LP/Hifi Rack

Very nice setup there. Thks for sharing.

Quad CD67
    Harbeth Compact 7
    Custom LP/Hifi Rack
    Cool... thanks for sharing... BTW which model of Compact 7 are you using ES2 or ES3?

Cheers.
    Music is not to be denied... is to be enjoyed!

Quad CD67
    Harbeth Compact 7
    Custom LP/Hifi Rack

Very nice setup. Thks for sharing...I think there must be quite a lot of harbethian in M'sia...

sleme Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbyte View Post
    Cool... thanks for sharing... BTW which model of Compact 7 are you using ES2 or ES3?

Cheers.
    Its an ES2. I lucky guy traded it in for a pair of HL5s. This gave me a reason to trade my HLP3s for these babies. Amazing transformation to my system.

On the point that there are many 'Harbethians' in Malaysia, I have to agree with that sentiment. Its a combination of many things. Brilliant product and excellent and passionate dealer by the name of Sam Chan. The nicest thing about owning a Harbeth is knowing the fact that you own what can be considered the best known secret in the hifi scene and to the others, deep down we know that they have yet to be 'enlightened' and that they should really be listening to music rather than hifi.

It amazes me how the distributor here goes against all norms and conventions and sticks a finger to the rest of the hifi community at the Kuala Lumpur AV show by having what many considers the most musical and natural sounding set up in the show. His usual set up, Quad CD66, 66 pre and 606 power with cheap looking Quad interconnects and your bog standard Canary copper cables with a pair of either HL5 or Compact 7. The look of amazement in the faces of visitors there is truly priceless.

Yet, despite their ears telling them otherwise, it is always back to some esoteric over-priced speakers which are the flavour of the month or year for Stereophile that they end up buying. Sad..

Had a chat once with one of the dealers in KL who was dealing with some esoteric Italian or Danish speakers who had a pair of LS3/5As in a glass showcase under lock and key. When asked why didn?t he set it up permanently like the rest of the speakers in the showroom, his answer, how then do you expect me to sell the other speakers?

To Alan Shaw?. Thanks for building such a brilliant product.

Its an ES2. I lucky guy traded it in for a pair of HL5s. This gave me a reason to trade my HLP3s for these babies. Amazing transformation to my system.

On the point that there are many 'Harbethians' in Malaysia, I have to agree with that sentiment. Its a combination of many things. Brilliant product and excellent and passionate dealer by the name of Sam Chan. The nicest thing about owning a Harbeth is knowing the fact that you own what can be considered the best known secret in the hifi scene and to the others, deep down we know that they have yet to be 'enlightened' and that they should really be listening to music rather than hifi.

It amazes me how the distributor here goes against all norms and conventions and sticks a finger to the rest of the hifi community at the Kuala Lumpur AV show by having what many considers the most musical and natural sounding set up in the show. His usual set up, Quad CD66, 66 pre and 606 power with cheap looking Quad interconnects and your bog standard Canary copper cables with a pair of either HL5 or Compact 7. The look of amazement in the faces of visitors there is truly priceless.

Yet, despite their ears telling them otherwise, it is always back to some esoteric over-priced speakers which are the flavour of the month or year for Stereophile that they end up buying. Sad..

Had a chat once with one of the dealers in KL who was dealing with some esoteric Italian or Danish speakers who had a pair of LS3/5As in a glass showcase under lock and key. When asked why didn?t he set it up permanently like the rest of the speakers in the showroom, his answer, how then do you expect me to sell the other speakers?

To Alan Shaw?. Thanks for building such a brilliant product.
    Well said Sleme. Yes indeed its really sad that many people with deep pockets are still succumbing to the attraction of everything else except pure musicality. Perhaps Harbeth speakers just don't have sufficient snob appeal. No matter what, i can never understand why people can spend so much money buying very "expensive" speakers that does not deliver what it is supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Well said Sleme. Yes indeed its really sad that many people with deep pockets are still succumbing to the attraction of everything else except pure musicality. Perhaps Harbeth speakers just don't have sufficient snob appeal. No matter what, i can never understand why people can spend so much money buying very "expensive" speakers that does not deliver what it is supposed to do.
    In this perspective I do agree... one of my colleague can't stand the sight of box speakers, he prefers "modern" shape speakers with curves that is pleasing to his eyes first. He reluctant to hear Harbeth because of the shape...
    Music is not to be denied... is to be enjoyed!

wow...i'm glad that Harbeth speakers do look good to me, so do Spendor and Audio Note speakers. Apparently the look of these squarish speakers do grow on me. So do Norton, BSA and Ariel motorcycles

Curvy, glossy speakers are gorgeous and sexy looking but i'm glad i cannot afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbyte View Post
    In this perspective I do agree... one of my colleague can't stand the sight of box speakers, he prefers "modern" shape speakers with curves that is pleasing to his eyes first. He reluctant to hear Harbeth because of the shape...
    I watched a tv programe while I was in the bus this morning: a 3 or 5 yrs old japanese litle girl playing piano with awesome concentration and produced good music together with 3 young violinists...she is born blind...

Me next
    C7s, with Sugden CD player and Rothwell amplification
    Attached Images Attached Images

macraddy Guest

Nice to see a Sudgen CD Player. I'm a very big fan! I 'accidentally' bought one recently when I inadvertently heard one against my Linn Universal player.

Had a demmo of the masterclass CDP with Masterclass integrated when buying my compact 7s, sounded fantastic.
    Think I agree with A.S. though, in that if I was starting afresh, I would start with the Harbeths

macraddy Guest

In fact:

(With SHL5s)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast