Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

heiner1960 Guest

Default Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Quote Originally Posted by ryder View Post
    After more than 3 months living with the SHL5 I moved them from the dedicated room to the living area downstairs for the first time today since I was curious to know how they would sound like in a real listening environment. After all Harbeth speakers are designed in real listening environments so I guess they should do better than all my previous speakers which never lasted more than 1 day in the same spot before they were lugged back to the dedicated room. With random placement and a few minutes of fine tuning I have come to a conclusion that the Harbeth sounds very good even in an odd-sized room with ZERO room treatments. I was really amazed. Since I already had a few diffusors and absorption panels I placed some on one side of the wall.

Now I am left with a dilemma. I need to find myself another pair of speakers for my dedicated room since the SHL5 will be permanently in my living room now making some wonderful music. I just hope my neighbours won't come knocking on my door when I blast the music.

Hi Ryder,

where do you live (country)?

Best regards
    Heiner

hi ryder,
    i can't help myself so i save your pictures in my special Super HL5 folder pictures... ...these pictures are stunning...hope it's not copyrighted...hehehe

cheers..

heiner1960, I'm from Malaysia.

aawcy, thanks. Actually there are other members here who have more impressive Harbeth-based setups in living rooms with great interior, one of them being my friend who owns the M40.1 but unfortunately they do not share the photos of their systems too much due to privacy.

GanCK, if I knew the SHL5 can sound so good in less-than-ideal listening rooms I would have seriously saved up for the M40.1s. Anyway they are still quite a bit above my budget at more than 3X the value of the SHL5 but I will be keeping an eye on them now. I am still astounded by how well the SHL5 sounds like in the living room considering all my previous speakers sounded almost horrible in the same spot. Although imaging is better in dedicated rooms with a more clean, accurate and precise presentation, the sound is more "live" in the living as the speakers have more room to breath. With the much bigger space, hard reflective surfaces from the walls to the floor and hard furnitures all round, surprisingly the Harbeth can still sound so good with its full, organic and natural sound with almost zero listening fatigue, all these without any room treatments~! I am really amazed and pleased with the sound I'm currently getting from the system. As a matter of fact, when listening from the dry kitchen about 20' away from the back of the speakers, the sound is still full and natural with no loss in detail. Really remarkable. I will be concentrating on my front-end now especially on the digital end since most of my listening material nowadays is only in vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    tein3,

What tube amp are you using?
    Hi Jmohd,

I will be usign 300B tube amp by Sun Audio / Well Audio Lab, will be collecting later today

Quote Originally Posted by tein3 View Post
    Hi Jmohd,

I will be usign 300B tube amp by Sun Audio / Well Audio Lab, will be collecting later today

Hi Jmohd / Gan and guys...

Here it is, it has reach my home... and playing for the last 2 hours. Simply love the sexy tubes too...

Love the glow... See the next few pictures...

Here is the blue glow...

More of the glow... continue from the earlier post...

So now... when listen in the dark... got visual and sound... lovely Burn essence oil in the room while listening... adds the smell... plus indulging in Music... ? Simply heaven...

So now... when listen in the dark... got visual and sound... lovely Burn essence oil in the room while listening... adds the smell... plus indulging in Music... ? Simply heaven...
    Sounds like heaven, feels like heaven and smells like one too? Stepping into the room must be a sheer musical bliss for you now. Great looking amp there. I'm sure it sounds better than it looks and hopefully steer you towards the right direction from your previous Krell KAV-300i.

Enjoy~

Quote Originally Posted by ryder View Post
    Sounds like heaven, feels like heaven and smells like one too? Stepping into the room must be a sheer musical bliss for you now. Great looking amp there. I'm sure it sounds better than it looks and hopefully steer you towards the right direction from your previous Krell KAV-300i.

Enjoy~
    LOL, in quotes from my earlier... yes, it is a sheer musical bliss, in fact since I had my Harbeth 7s, it has been that way.

I still do enjoy it with my Krell (which is sold to finance this new amp) and also my other amps, vintage though... the Audiolab 8000A and A400... all have it's own strength in it's musical sense, on different choice of music... etc.

Just that, tubes have their unique sense of music which I enjoy too or should I say lean owards more? Which amps have more musical bliss... that is hard to quantify, cos they have strength in different music, and my listening choice of genre is almost across all.

My very first speaker in my 20's was Celestion with NAD amp... then move to a set of vintage, Radford EL34 PP, pre power british amp (which stay with me the longest)... then I gave it up for a transistor amp (Rega) earlier this year as I found tube amp too troublesome... both were paired with my old Sonus Faber speaker... then change speaker DynAudio... and last change of speaker was to my current Harbeths, before the Harbeth land in my possession, I change this amp to that... to this...

LOL, and now... end of the day, still came back to British speaker and tube set up... LOL ...

LOL, in quotes from my earlier... yes, it is a sheer musical bliss, in fact since I had my Harbeth 7s, it has been that way.

I still do enjoy it with my Krell (which is sold to finance this new amp) and also my other amps, vintage though... the Audiolab 8000A and A400... all have it's own strength in it's musical sense, on different choice of music... etc.

Just that, tubes have their unique sense of music which I enjoy too or should I say lean owards more? Which amps have more musical bliss... that is hard to quantify, cos they have strength in different music, and my listening choice of genre is almost across all.

My very first speaker in my 20's was Celestion with NAD amp... then move to a set of vintage, Radford EL34 PP, pre power british amp (which stay with me the longest)... then I gave it up for a transistor amp (Rega) earlier this year as I found tube amp too troublesome... both were paired with my old Sonus Faber speaker... then change speaker DynAudio... and last change of speaker was to my current Harbeths, before the Harbeth land in my possession, I change this amp to that... to this...

LOL, and now... end of the day, still came back to British speaker and tube set up... LOL ...

Hi tein3,
    Thanks for sharing...Nice photos shot and nice story..LOL..

More of the glow... continue from the earlier post...

Yo tein3, wow wow wow.....the glow of those 300B tubes sure look extremely inviting.....nice pics....looking forward to hearing it in action next week if all goes well.....i mentioned it in an SMS to you just now & i'll say it again...you are one lucky fella.... )

Looks like you're gonna sleep very late tonite....LOL...

tein3,

WoW!! beautiful. Sleepless night....Btw, what is the amp model and how the PRAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Yo tein3, wow wow wow.....the glow of those 300B tubes sure look extremely inviting.....nice pics....looking forward to hearing it in action next week if all goes well.....i mentioned it in an SMS to you just now & i'll say it again...you are one lucky fella.... )

Looks like you're gonna sleep very late tonite....LOL...
    Hi Gan, ;) .... Yes, I am lucky phew....

LOL, you bet man... I slept late last night, switch to another pair of tubes, a China pair, ShuGuang 300B-98. These pairs sounds more to my preference than the Electro Harmonix black. I listen upto about 2 plus in the morning, woke up at about 6plus... round 2 till about 10am, run my erands for the day... back at home, an hour ago... round 3

Yeh... hopefully, all goes well for you to listen it out

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    tein3,

WoW!! beautiful. Sleepless night....Btw, what is the amp model and how the PRAT?
    LOL... yep, it was sort of sleepless night

The amp is based on the Sun Audio SV-6V6 SE kit, and Well Audio converts the circuitry to 300B.

As for the PRAT, I am not sure how I can express that to you... I could only share that, I am happier with the musicality after I change the pair of "stock" tube it came with, to the ShuGuang 300B-98 tubes. Will try out another pair of 300B I have for tomorrow listening.... see how that sounds on this amp. The current PRAT can also be "change" by replacing the rectifier tube to another... I was told (I will try that out, if I get a chance to get hold of the tube model). I just finish listening to the Earl Klugh "Spice of Life", no major wrongs found... sounded great, and legs and fingers were tapping away

Anyway... the tranformer... condenser... circuitry will still required a little bit more time to "settle" in? Meanwhile, I will enjoy the little magic that 300B brings for the mid and high...

Hi this is my current set up

Sugden Masterclass
    Aqvox Mkii
    Nottingham Spacedech 294 with Ace Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ANADA View Post
    Hi this is my current set up

Sugden Masterclass
    Aqvox Mkii
    Nottingham Spacedech 294 with Ace Benz
    Hi Anada,

Nice gear you have there.
    I've always wonder, how the sound of the sudgen Masterclass with the Harbeth?
    Please share with us.

Btw, please post some pictures of your set-up.

Thx

Hi

I thought my pictures where already uploaded !!

Can somebody help me please
    Attached Images Attached Images

A Space 294 !!! I hope you don't mind if I say that the motor appears from the pics to be too far from the turntable. The correct distance is with the cutout on the motor base around 0.25 to 03 inch from the turntable back foot. Having said that, it appears to be working fine.

Love the speaker stands by the way. They give me hope because my 40.1's arrive tomorrow and I still haven't got my stands !!!

Hi Jmhod

Well first the disadvantages

1 It is not the punchiest amp around
    2 In complex passages it clips

The good points are that it is very very clear....
    and the timbre is so spot on

But i want to say a few words to the forum about the bass problems that some
    users are experiensing with the M40.1.
    I also had these problems but fortunately i dont suffer from any mental dieseases, clearly
    this was a problem, but when the Specedeck 294 arrived all my problems are gone.
    I dont have fancy stands i use Ikea tables and right now on good recordings the bass i hear

is an absolute delight

Hi Hifi dave

About the 294 on the manual it is 3.5cm!!

The stands are typical 10euro Ikea Coffe tables

PS. Do you also have a 294?

Hi ANADA,
    I'm a dealer so yes I do and also the Ace Spacedeck, Hyperspace and Dais. The Dais has a 12 inch Ace Anna arm and usually a Fidelity Research FR-64S. The Hyperspace has a 9 inch Space arm and the Ace Spacedeck has a Rega RB600. I'm currently considering the purchase of an Annalog.

I have Harbeth P3ESR, 5's and 7's on demo and tomorrow I should receive my 40.1's but I'm sort of dreading it because I work on my own and to move them around is going to be a nightmare. Oh well, needs must.

David

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast