Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Default Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Hi fellow fans of Harbeth...

I have attached my set up of Harbeth here to share, where we all love the sound of Harbeth.

I have remove the grilles for picture taking... my preference of listening is with the grilles on.

Regards,
    Chuan aka Tein3

Set up with 7 ES3

Set up with P3 ESR

Quote Originally Posted by tein3 View Post

I have attached my set up of Harbeth here to share, where we all love the sound of Harbeth.

I have remove the grilles for picture taking... my preference of listening is with the grilles on.

Regards,
    Chuan aka Tein3

Set up with 7 ES3

Set up with P3 ESR
    Hi Chuan, wow nice pics there. Thks for sharing. Btw, are you also a watch lover? Play acoustic guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Hi Chuan, wow nice pics there. Thks for sharing. Btw, are you also a watch lover? Play acoustic guitar?
    Hi Gan,

thanks on the pics, photography is also one of my interest. Yes, I am a watch lover... however, all fire power gone to hifi... now ;) Get more satisfaction here. hahaha, in fact for the past few months... only time I draw out my camera is to shoot hifi only, so as I can fill the walls with Black & White collection.

Acoustic guitar has always been my favourite musical instrument, am still in learning stage ;)

Hi Gan,

thanks on the pics, photography is also one of my interest. Yes, I am a watch lover... however, all fire power gone to hifi... now ;) Get more satisfaction here. hahaha, in fact for the past few months... only time I draw out my camera is to shoot hifi only, so as I can fill the walls with Black & White collection.

Acoustic guitar has always been my favourite musical instrument, am still in learning stage ;)
    Hi Chuan, i also like the acoustic guitar a great deal. But i m no guitarist at all. Juat a passive listener. I like the music of Earl Klugh, Doug Smith, Larry Calton, Ottmar Liebert, Jaime Valle, Antonio Forcione... etc....recently got to know this superb young japanese guitarist by the name of Mitsuru Araya. I also like flamenco guitar...the likes of Strunz & Farah, Armik, Lara & Reves are also excellent.

Tein3, nice setup you've got there. Is that a Krell KAV-300i and Rega P3-24 in the background driving the Compact 7ES-3? How do you like the sound? So you are an avid acoustic guitar fan and playing the instrument yourself. You've got good suggestions from Gan on few artists that play the acoustic guitar. I also listen to Earl Klugh, Antonio Forcione, Lee Ritenour and Acoustic Alchemy but my all-time favourite guitarist is Pat Metheny. The ECM version of his records is of unbelievably good quality as once one listens to vinyl there is no way he is going to enjoy his music on CD.

It's wonderful to see how much love and care went into all the rooms we see here. I am also impressed at the understanding of how important an acoustic treatment is to achieve good sonic results. I wish I had more space or a dedicated listening room for my setup, but I tried my best using both passive and active treatments. Here is my stereo setup :
    http://picasaweb.google.com/LeTziky/MyStereo#

Quote Originally Posted by ryder View Post
    Tein3, nice setup you've got there. Is that a Krell KAV-300i and Rega P3-24 in the background driving the Compact 7ES-3? How do you like the sound? So you are an avid acoustic guitar fan and playing the instrument yourself. You've got good suggestions from Gan on few artists that play the acoustic guitar. I also listen to Earl Klugh, Antonio Forcione, Lee Ritenour and Acoustic Alchemy but my all-time favourite guitarist is Pat Metheny. The ECM version of his records is of unbelievably good quality as once one listens to vinyl there is no way he is going to enjoy his music on CD.

Hi Ryder, thanks.

Yes, it is Krell KAV-300i and Rega P3-24 though Plinius Jerrad Phono stage driving the 7's. And yes, I do like the sound The Krell was initially driving my DynAudio speakers, before I got the Harbeth.

The Krell's rich midrange sounds great through the 7's, and no glaring even if I push up a little... only thing is... I dare not push too much to try it out due to it's 150W power... on the 7's, have push it fairly up only.... (as I read within the forum, many prefer it not to push the speakers), anyway... I do not listen to it loud during my normal listening, so not neccesary to do so. The fine depth soundstage from Krell is nicely displayed on the 7's with good transparency too. The speed and dynamics is also well displayed, and it is sounding much warmer than my previous set up. I normally uses guitar & piano pieces to review the system (as I am familiar with the sound), all sounded natural and close to the real thing. Musicality is definitely there... ;) which is important to me, the "body" from instruments are much better define than before for albums that I listen most, drum skin are also well displayed... in my opinion, music through vinyl is still best sounding ;). With Harbeth pairing up in my system now... (in my opinion)even Antonio's album on CD played through Accuphase CDP, it is also sounds much warmer. Therefore, for me at this point, all are matching up well.

Musicality and involvement in the music is definitely present and non-fatigue (in my opinion)... my personal record on listening to it non-stop in my room, is a solid 6 to 8hrs per listening session over Friday evening to Sunday evening, ears never hurt, mind never hurt.... but my butt hurts! ahahhaha.

Yes, I also listen to Earl Klugh & Antonio Forcione, which Antonio is still my prefered, and I have a couple of his albums in CD, and for LP album only 1 of his so far. As for Lee Ritenour and Acoustic Alchemy & Pat Metheny, I have not listen to them... I note both Gan's and your recomendation, and I will look for their album and check it out. Thanks for sharing

Yes, I am a great fan of Acoustic guitar, and I am currently learning the instrument

Cheers...

Hi tien3,

I've just started collecting Antonio Facione (Naim) cds. Have you listen to his album, Meet Me In London? It's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Hi tien3,

I've just started collecting Antonio Facione (Naim) cds. Have you listen to his album, Meet Me In London? It's fantastic!
    Yes... yes... that is a great album, I have it too. I started with him after listening to his album from my friend's collection, the album is a quartet (I have place order for it and am waiting for it to arrive) And from this album... I bought the Antonio Forcione - LIVE! --- a lovely album too, and 2nd track, Accoustic revenge is my favourite. The other 2 albums are, Touch wood and Tears of Joy. All in CD by Naim. And a LP, album name - Dedicato, by Naim too. For him... I feel all albums can buy

Regards,
    Chuan aka Tein3
    Wonderful room... beautiful setup.... Thanks for Sharing!
    Music is not to be denied... is to be enjoyed!

Hi tein3 and coredump,
    Thanks for sharing!

Cheers~

more naked pic of the P3ESR

naked pic of the SHL5 and P3

as much as I like to listen to them, can't stop taking close-up picture of them too

Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    more naked pic of the P3ESR

naked pic of the SHL5 and P3

as much as I like to listen to them, can't stop taking close-up picture of them too
    Nice pics Coredump. Keep em coming. Wondering how SHL-5 will look like in rosewood.

After more than 3 months living with the SHL5 I moved them from the dedicated room to the living area downstairs for the first time today since I was curious to know how they would sound like in a real listening environment. After all Harbeth speakers are designed in real listening environments so I guess they should do better than all my previous speakers which never lasted more than 1 day in the same spot before they were lugged back to the dedicated room. With random placement and a few minutes of fine tuning I have come to a conclusion that the Harbeth sounds very good even in an odd-sized room with ZERO room treatments. I was really amazed. Since I already had a few diffusors and absorption panels I placed some on one side of the wall.

Now I am left with a dilemma. I need to find myself another pair of speakers for my dedicated room since the SHL5 will be permanently in my living room now making some wonderful music. I just hope my neighbours won't come knocking on my door when I blast the music.

yeecn Guest

Congratulation for moving the Harbeth to the living space. Nice speakers and music is to be shared and show off. With the speakers in the living room I am sure that you will get a lot of chance to listen to it. Very mundane task can become a lot more enjoyable with good music in the background.

I have been doing a lot more yoga since I have my Harbeth. I am no longer rushing through the routines becaue the mind is rushing off to the next task. Good music can play an integral part in the wellbeing of the family.

Nice living room you have.

Cheers,
    Yee

Hi Yee, thanks for the kind words. I agree that good speakers need to be enjoyed, and the Harbeth has added a touch of class to my living room. I didn't expect the SHL5 to be so beautiful. I guess the light cherry finish complements the living area nicely. I just need to be careful when listening at moderate to loud volume levels now as I won't have the luxury to blast the music at free will since the speakers are now not in a dedicated room. Surprisingly the sound from the speakers manage to fill the huge listening space at moderate volume levels and transform my home into a concert hall, well almost. It is just a matter of time before my next-door neighbour asks me if I have bought a new stereo set, which isn't really a good sign when the question comes.

Cheers.

Wow, what a nice & huge living rm you have there Ryder. Can even accomodate M40.1 in there.

Hi Ryder,

Nice living area you have there And having able to place all source on the right side (or should I say to 1 side) with the speakers in the most possible open area... I could only imagine the soundstage to be wonderful

As for me... I am giving up my Krell amp... or should I say... I prefer my Harbeth 7s with tubes now, I am still trying out SET 300B tube with my system now, I am happy so far at this stage... therefore still listening now... hahaha. I may just confirm on this China made set, or may look around for another.... still pondering

Happy listening... fellow Harbeth

Hi Ryder,

Nice living area you have there And having able to place all source on the right side (or should I say to 1 side) with the speakers in the most possible open area... I could only imagine the soundstage to be wonderful

As for me... I am giving up my Krell amp... or should I say... I prefer my Harbeth 7s with tubes now, I am still trying out SET 300B tube with my system now, I am happy so far at this stage... therefore still listening now... hahaha. I may just confirm on this China made set, or may look around for another.... still pondering

Happy listening... fellow Harbeth
    tein3,

What tube amp are you using?

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast