Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Default Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Hi kathylim,

Yes, I do have a dedicated hifi room. My room is very small, about L 20ft x W 9ft x H 9ft. As you can see, there are sound treatments all around the room.

IMO, your room size, will be ok. For ideal room size, please visit http://www.cardas.com/content.php?ar...ing=Room+Setup
    Hi Jmohd,

Thank you for your reply. I checked a few sites and the dimensions I am getting for a width of 11.5 feet reduces the length to approximately 13.5 feet and height a tad over 8 feet. That reduces the size of the room even more.

Care to throw in a guess where am I likely to encounter problems? mid/low bass?

Thanks

derek525 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbyte View Post
    Dear fellow harbeth owners,
    I was hoping that you all are able to share your photos of your beloved Harbeth speakers and your systems setup pictures... Be it new or old, P3, C7, HL5, SHL5, M20, M30, M40, NRG and etc.... I would appreciate if you could post photos of it!

To Start - here's mine...

Systems consist of
    1. Harbeth SHL-5 30th Anniversary
    2. dps2 Turntable with dps modified Rega RB250 tonearm + Benz HOMC
    3. JLTI modified Sony DVD NS90 CD/SACD Player
    4. Lavardin IS Reference Integrated Amp
    5. Audience AU24 Interconnects
    6. Kimber Kable 8TC Speaker Cable
    7. Hutters Rack Basic.

Thanks...for looking...

Hi (^^)
    My set
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Kathylim,

These are the info i've gathered:

Room Modes dominate: 41hz to 134hz

Absorbtion to achieve ITU RT60: 344 sabins

Hope these help

Default Re: Photos of my rosewood M40.1s

My New Harbeth M40.1
    Hi, what is the distance of your Hifi Chair from the speaker? Tks

My New Harbeth M40.1

Sweet!........ Am happy for you

teddy likes the sound but puppy fell asleep listening....naughty puppy, but great harbeth!
    Last edited by kittykat; 14-11-2009 at 05:31 AM. Reason: messed up the upload

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    teddy likes the sound but puppy fell asleep listening....naughty puppy, but great harbeth!
    Hi Kittykat,

Yes, great Harbeth!!. Is it SHL5 or M40.1 that we are looking at?

Your speaker stand look rather small....too small and it can easily fall off .

I would suggest the you get a better stand..(stable)

hi Jmohd

Its an shl5. You're absolutely right, the stands are not the right ones and were for a pair of rogers. too tall - 22" and too small. There's no drinking allowed in the house at the moment till the speakers sit on a set of skylans which are on their way and which should be here this coming week. at the moment i sit on 3 thick pillows to get to tweeter level and maybe that should be the most comedic photo here but i dont care cause the sound is pretty fantastic.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    Hi, what is the distance of your Hifi Chair from the speaker? Tks
    Hi coredump, it's about 7ft.

Finally got the proper stands for the shl5's and have stopped sitting on 5 inches of pillows. the sound is just pretty awesome now. absolutely amazing. some lessons from this episode is that

-revealing speakers can be good listenable speakers
    - Metal dome tweeters can be magnificent (this was a factor which made me sceptical about the shl5. "metal domes sound harsh" is another hifi falsehood)
    -focus on the 20% which give the 80% difference in sound ie. speakers.
    -comparing speakers/ amplifiers in a showroom has its limitations
    - you need to listen a while to know if you can really live with something
    - sounds which first draw your attention is very likely to be the ones you want to forget quickest

i had actually stopped listening to music for over a year and attribute that to my last pair of speakers. they were simply awful but they did take my breath away at first listen. it was like a supemodel. sexy and impressive but tiring (thats what i read in the tabloids). the harbeths are classy, smooth and has an amazingly powerful sound when the music contains it eg. some Michael Jackson tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Finally got the proper stands for the shl5's and have stopped sitting on 5 inches of pillows. the sound is just pretty awesome now. absolutely amazing. some lessons from this episode is that

-revealing speakers can be good listenable speakers
    - Metal dome tweeters can be magnificent (this was a factor which made me sceptical about the shl5. "metal domes sound harsh" is another hifi falsehood)
    -focus on the 20% which give the 80% difference in sound ie. speakers.
    -comparing speakers/ amplifiers in a showroom has its limitations
    - you need to listen a while to know if you can really live with something
    - sounds which first draw your attention is very likely to be the ones you want to forget quickest

i had actually stopped listening to music for over a year and attribute that to my last pair of speakers. they were simply awful but they did take my breath away at first listen. it was like a supemodel. sexy and impressive but tiring (thats what i read in the tabloids). the harbeths are classy, smooth and has an amazingly powerful sound when the music contains it eg. some Michael Jackson tracks.

Hi Kittykat,

Agree and congrats on the new stand. Looking at the picture, your speakers are a little bit toe out. Is the picture taken from the listening position?

Hi Jmohd

Thank you. You're absolutely right, its toed out by accident, initially thought it was distortion from the photograph but on checking it was out by quite a bit. It was late last night and in haste and excitement, didnt set it up properly, what an idiot i am.

Thanks again, You have really good powers of observation.

Hi kittykat,
    Really agree to what you said "sounds which first draw your attention is very likely to be the ones you want to forget quickest"

Btw, if you got time, you can try to toe in you shl5 until you can see little bit of inner side wall when you in center listening seat. That will let shl5 sound even more wonderful.

Cheers

Hi Kittykat,

RE: Speaker toe in

Yes, remember the triangle.....

Just to share, in my set-up, the apex is about 1m behind of my listening position. My observation on one of 40.1 user, the apex is about 0.5 m or so (if not direct) infront of his listening position.

Happy Listening

Hi coredump, it's about 7ft.
    that's pretty near. do you find it forward or shouting at you?

Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    that's pretty near. do you find it forward or shouting at you?
    No shouting. Image well, beyond the front wall.

Some really amazing sets out there. Here's a close-up of the humble set I have in my tiny listening nook. Linn Sondek, Lejonklou Slipsik phono stage, Luxman integrated and the new and wonderful P3 ESR. The Luxman has a pretty good phono stage built in, but I prefer the Lejonklou. The stands are Music Tools ToolOne (67cm).

Vlado Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 123teemu View Post
    Some really amazing sets out there. Here's a close-up of the humble set I have in my tiny listening nook. Linn Sondek, Lejonklou Slipsik phono stage, Luxman integrated and the new and wonderful P3 ESR. The Luxman has a pretty good phono stage built in, but I prefer the Lejonklou. The stands are Music Tools ToolOne (67cm).
    Hi Teemu,
    the Luxman looks good - the whole gear looks damn good! Good taste!

my compliments to you..... your set up is visually very pleasant , it looks clean, smooth and luxurious. Plus the sound from your set up, I believe it is a bliss. Looks like you only listen to LP on this set up....?

Thanks for sharing.

This is one of my favourite thread in this forum, cos we get to see so many different set up, kudos to the one who started this thread.

Great looking set you have there....Love the look of your Luxman..

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast