Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Here's a link to some of pix of my system and room. I may yet pivot the room to fire the length of it instead of the short width wise, but it's sounding good right now, so.. I'm not touching it ! hehehe

http://http://www.bluecircle.com/for...pic.php?t=1060

So sorry for the late reply... Yes JMohd is right... it was a local made and designed by the local Harbeth distributor....
    Music is not to be denied... is to be enjoyed!

Thought I post some new pictures as I just uploaded some to photobucket which gave me larger and higher-definition pictures. Some changes include room treatments and speaker arrangement. The speakers now have zero toe-in and fire straight ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder View Post
    Thought I post some new pictures as I just uploaded some to photobucket which gave me larger and higher-definition pictures. Some changes include room treatments and speaker arrangement. The speakers now have zero toe-in and fire straight ahead.
    Wow, that's remarkable! Have you come to this setup after much experimentation? I always find them to sound best quite severely toed in (so you can just see the inner sides).

Quote Originally Posted by garmtz View Post
    Wow, that's remarkable! Have you come to this setup after much experimentation? I always find them to sound best quite severely toed in (so you can just see the inner sides).
    Yes, I settled on no toe-in in my room after much experimentation. I have tried "severe" toe-in once after reading some recommendations on the setup but reverted back to minimal toe-in after a short while. Results can sometimes be unpredictable.

My new setup:

- Luxman L505 U, integrated amp
    - Luxman DU-50, SACD player
    - Tesla NC 430, vintage turntable (!)
    - Harbeth SHL 5, the newest members in system!
    - Accupahse interconect, Chord speakers cable
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Ryder,

I see you have upgrade to Naim electronics now?

Quote Originally Posted by jim123 View Post
    Hi Ryder,

I see you have upgrade to Naim electronics now?
    Hi Jim123,
    Yes, NAC202/NAP200/Dual Teddycap(Hicap & NAPSC equivalent). They will most likely be my last upgrade(I know I have said this many times, but seriously these amps are here to stay).

Hi Jim123,
    Yes, NAC202/NAP200/Dual Teddycap(Hicap & NAPSC equivalent). They will most likely be my last upgrade(I know I have said this many times, but seriously these amps are here to stay).
    Good choice....

A few days ago got my new SHL5s.
    Compared to my good old Martin Logan Aerius, it is more detailed, clearer, warmer, goes deeper with a lot better bass and sounds full in lower levels. A more easy and natural sound anyway.

SHL5
    Krell KAV-300i
    Copland CDA-277
    QED "Original" speaker cable
    Custom made stands.
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (65.6 KB, 476 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (64.8 KB, 375 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (51.3 KB, 305 views)

Hi Takis,

Your new SHL5 speakers and their stands look very nice! Your hard floor has any influences to the sound (echoes)?

Hi Tudor,

Not at all!
    Everything sounds ok with the Harbeths as with the Martin Logans i had before. In winter, in front of the speakers i lay a carpet 2,50 x 3,50. A second bigger one, is at the other side of the living room which is 6,40 X 6,80 m. (not the ideal dimensions) and is theoretically more damped in the winter because of the two carpets. Anyway since now i have never noticed any unwanted reflections in the room with or mostly without the carpets.
    Other furniture (all the time) is a big sofa and two smaller, the tv set, a bookcase and another one for the cd's, a big table and a smaller one, six chairs six-seven paintings on the walls and a few other wooden things. Two curtains (not thick) cover half the wall behind the harbeths.

Try throwing a thick blanket or duvet over that TV, I think you will notice a quite dramatic improvement in sound stage and imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Try throwing a thick blanket or duvet over that TV, I think you will notice a quite dramatic improvement in sound stage and imagery.
    Hi hifi_dave!
    I did what you said, first I covered the tv and then I removed it (it's on wheels). I noticed an improvement, but it was a minor one either way! I decided to move backwards the tv. The speakers are now 110cm from the back wall, and the tv 70cm behind and not in line between them. I think it's a good compromise, you see, it's a living-room and not dedicated for music.
    Greetings from Piraeus.

I am in the fortunate position of having a dedicated demo room in which to listen to my music but I do realise that the majority of Hi-Fi users have to listen in a sitting room with all it's compromises.

I discovered many years ago that any large and reflective object between the speakers does mess up the imaging and I have shown many customers the effect of covering it with a blanket or duvet. Of course this is unlikely to be domestically acceptable but it may be used when listening seriously to the system. Moving the TV so that it is not in line with the front of the speakers as you have done is a good compromise.

AdamW Guest

Here's my setup - from the top:
    • Linn LP12 + Ittok LVII + Adikt + Plattamat
    • Naim CD5X
    • Sonneteer Orton
    • Pioneer DV-610AV
    • Kenwood KT-5020L
    • TeddyCap MK3
    • Pure Sound p10
    • Harbeth SHL5 + Skylan stands

What I need is the vacuum RCM (OkkiNokki?) and more music

Hi Adam,

What is the veneer of your SHL5? Do you have some side picture?

Sebastien

AdamW Guest

Hi Sebastian,
    It's tiger ebony. I'll take some pics tomorrow, when lighting is better.

Some new pictures during a session of cables testing, with the kindness of my friend.

AdamW Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien View Post
    What is the veneer of your SHL5? Do you have some side picture?
    Here it is:

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast