Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    Some new pictures during a session of cables testing...
    What are your conclusion of your cables testing?

Sebastien

The conclusion was slightly unexpected. We tested some cables made by manufacturers like Accuphase, Fadel Art, Unison Research or Vodoo Audio and also some DIY cables made by my friend himself which has very good skills in this.
    The best combination for our ears was:
    - power cords for CD player and amplifier: DIY
    - interconnect: DIY
    - speaker cables: Unison Research N5 (single wired)
    It was a very musical combination, with no harshness and a delightful fluidity.
    Unfortunately my friend took back his cables when he left...

Default My listening room

Finally, here is my final setup...

and

It is a dedicated room, made with my own personal sense of design... so it's a bit -how'd I say- basic... but it sounds great!
    Cheers
    C

Default My system

Sorry, cannot edit my previous message.
    Here I try to post something better
    Sound Front-end

and here the electronics

System is composed of
    CD Emm Labs CDSA SE
    Tuner Magnum Dynalab The Etude
    Preamp Pass XP20
    Poweramps Pass XA100 (not .5!)
    All cabled Kimber Select (1121 interconnects and biwiring with 3033 and 3035) and XLO Reference as powercords.
    Cheers
    C

Looks like a killer system. I bet the class A Pass amps are great with your Harbeths.

Hi Carlo,

Looks like you have the little harbeth between the rack. My dream machines.... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Hi Carlo,

Looks like you have the little harbeth between the rack. My dream machines.... :-)

He he he...

Hi Tudor,

I saw that your cd player is on your Luxman amplifier. As the Luxman runs quite hot, don't you think it's a better idea to separate them? The Luxman will have more ventilation and can run cooler.

By the way, nice SHL5! I really like the eucalyptus finish.

Sebastien

P.s.: I am referring to post #379.

P.p.s: 3 posts without moderation. I'm glad to see that! Thanks for the confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    Some new pictures during a session of cables testing, with the kindness of my friend.
    Tudor

Nice setup..... Do the SHL5's sound better without the fronts? I have never taken mine off

Jeff

Hi Sebastien,
    Excuse me for the late reply, I saw your question just now. The amplifier and CD player are normally separated, as you can see in my previous photos (post # 366). It was only an accidental situation, to make handier the cable testing.

Hi banyon100,
    I couldnít say that the sound is definite better with or without the fronts. Anyway SHL5ís sound delightful (in my opinion)! I think that the problem is more for eyes than for ears.

Thanks for your kindly assessments!

This is my M40.1 system. Balanced from beginning to end. All tube, I listen to 90% vinyl.
    VPI Superscoutmaster sig. w/super platter and Dynavector 507 arm
    Koetsu Rosewood signature Platinum cartridge
    Dynavector XX2 MKII cartridge
    RAM modified Esound E5 CDP
    BAT REX preamp
    BAT VK-P10 phonostage
    VTL MB-185 signature amps
    Cables are AQ Skys and Mont Blanc
    VPI 17F record cleaner
    Dedicated room, and 60 amps of dedicated power lines.

klang@GSH Guest

Hi everyone,

I live in Thailand.My Harbeth rather old but It makes me very happy.

I'm a member of a small hifi web site in Thailand Name GOODSOUNDHUB.COM This is a group of people who have a passion and is intended to improve the sound quality with emphasis on the development in power systems.

[IMG] [/IMG]

My system consists of

HARBETH HL COMPACT
    JADIS Orchestra
    Esoteric X-03se
    Siltech LS-188 MKII SATT Speaker Cable
    Modify Interconnects from Siltech LS-188 MKII SATT with Bocchino connector
    Purist Audio Design 20th Anniversary contego power cable
    Fim Gold power cable
    Ensemble isolink duo ac powerline filter
    PS Audio Ultimate Outlet AC conditioner

Cheers.
    Klang

Klang: beautiful system! I can see your fastidious attention to cable dressing and power supplies!

HI Klang, nice setup. Your HL Compact look pretty and beautiful.
    "Bath in Music"

Klang very interesting system especially with its obvious importance given to the cables.( I'm thinking the percentage of the systems overall cost must be heavily biased towards them). Those modded Siltech LS-188 MKII SATT with Bocchino connector seem interesting.
    Could you elaborate what benefits such an approach has given your system and possible what other cables you have tried.
    I speak as someone who's thinking of trying some Siltech's soon. Thank you.

Hi Klang

Harbeth HL Compact - My Favourite Speaker
    It looks so beautiful and fresh
    Very nice set-up

Hi Klang, nice setup.

klang@GSH Guest

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks everyone. I like my HL COMPACT a lot. It is also in good condition and sounds great always.

My friends and I focus on the development of the electrical system. Using high-quality cables. And reduce vibration as much as possible as the main method.

Personally, I tried Cardas, NBS, MIT, Van den hul, Oyaide, Acoustic Zen, JPS, Nordost, Furutech, Kimber etc.

My most favorite AC Power Cord was Purist Audio Design and FIM.

IEC power connectors of my PAD cable is changed to Oyaide F1 and M1 Cryogenics by PAD which enhances the sound quality much better.
    While the speaker cable and interconnects that I like most is Siltech, which have very high quality conductors.
    So I take Siltech G3 LS-180 welded to the FIM power cord. The sound was very impressive.

Ensemble isolink duo and PS Audio Ultimate Outlet also have been modified by Siltech G3 LS-180. In addition, both of them have been put the special Line filter produced by my friend, called “ULTIMATE TON GSH FILTER”

Inlet of Ensemble Isolink is changed to furutech Fi-09 R and outlet was pierced and replaced with Oyaide aluminium plate and Wattgate 381 receptacle.

This is a system of my friend. He is committed to the development of power system significantly. He used Naim CD5i and Naim Nait 5i with Rogers LS3/5a 11 Ohm Biwire + AB1.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9KHBSLhwQg

Here's my room. May not see all the photos, need to register first.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...D101.0&act=url

Klang

Thanks Klang. As you might be aware a number of the members here are rather skeptical on the benefits of such excessive attention to these details.
    I'd be interested to know what you feel your system gives you beneficially as opposed to say if you had invested instead ( for probably less in fact) in a pair of current Harbeth 40.1s but without the 'focus on the development of the electrical system. Using high-quality cables. And reduce vibration as much as possible as the main method.' but just used more 'basic' QED79 type cables etc.
    I ask with genuine interest as I'm undecided presently on wether to invest my limited available funds on your approach or the more conventional option of a speaker upgrade and you have hopefully some actual experiences to give us.

Quote Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
    Thanks Klang. As you might be aware a number of the members here are rather skeptical on the benefits of such excessive attention to these details.
    I'd be interested to know what you feel your system gives you beneficially as opposed to say if you had instead invested (probable less in fact) in say a pair of current Harbeth 40.1s but without the 'focus on the development of the electrical system. Using high-quality cables. And reduce vibration as much as possible as the main method.' but just used more 'basic' QED79 type cables etc.
    I ask with genuine interest as I'm undecided presently on whether to invest my limited available funds on your approach or the more conventional option of a speaker upgrade and you have hopefully some actual experiences to give us.
    An excellently constructed question. I look forward to Klang's reply. In the interim, readers might appreciate how a web site, that sells porcelain cable stands, describes the rationale for employing them.
    These elevators are non-conductive and will also assist in cable management. They are very appealing to the eye and you will hear a better focus and blacker background. The detail preserved will be exceptional for all types and makes of cabling.
    There is no practical excuse for not isolating & elevating your cables off the floor. We here great reviews over and over from Audiophiles that have spent thousands of dollars in cabling, and then found massive improvements after installing these cable stands.

Would be wonderful to learn if Klang has performed A-B comparison tests.

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast