Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 874

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

  1. #441
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Thank You all!
    I am very satisfied and happy with my rig now.
    The best loudspeakers I have ever owned. I have tried a lot, up to double the price of my Harbeth 40.1.

  2. #442
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    20

    Default re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

    I finally took the TV out of my living room, it was never turned on

    This is the Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 30th anniversary, Squeezebox Touch, Bel Canto CD-2 cd player, Bel Canto DAC3, and Bel Canto S300 amp, most everything uses silver wire of some sort except the power cords.

    Upgraded my power outlet to a "hospital grade" one as well.

    This will stay the same for a few years as long as the equipment holds up. I think I am finally done for now. I've been buying so much new music instead of tuning the system because for what its worth all of my research and development, tuning, etc, has paid off nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #443
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Great system! How do you like the Bel Canto gear? I'm thinking of picking up their new integrated/DAC for my P3's.

  4. #444
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cornelius View Post
    Great system! How do you like the Bel Canto gear? I'm thinking of picking up their new integrated/DAC for my P3's.
    Thanks I appreciate it. I went through Musical Fidelity, Arcam, Dussun before settling with Bel Canto. It's a small company out of Minnesotta all handmade in the US, quality is top notch, sound gets real good as you move up their product line. Definitely a pioneer in DACs as I used to have their DAC2 many years ago, the sound is absolutely amazing for the price. It's like living in the future really. I had my eye on their REF 500 amps but I don't want to blow out the Harbeths, their integrateds should be really nice match for the P3. The 125S should be way more than enough power for the P3 and the C7's, so the integrated amps they make now would be a really nice match. I have had my current DAC and amp a few years with no issues, the Cd player I had a few years too, never anything bad to say. The match to the C7's I have is like peanut butter and jelly, they match well. Amp runs extremely cool, basically no heat as well. Very good match for Harbeths.

    Thanks again for your kind words.

  5. #445
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Hi bullethead, Nice set-up. How the imaging? My previous rack was as high as yours.
    A fellow forum member suggested that the height of my rack should not be more than 2 feet when place infront and between of my speakers. I followed his suggestion and the imaging improved.
    Give it a try or shift the rack to the side.

  6. #446
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    20

    Default imaging

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Hi bullethead, Nice set-up. How the imaging? My previous rack was as high as yours.
    A fellow forum member suggested that the height of my rack should not be more than 2 feet when place infront and between of my speakers. I followed his suggestion and the imaging improved.
    Give it a try or shift the rack to the side.
    I gave that a shot. I have the freedom to remove shelves on my rack. It's about 1 and 1/2 foot at the top of the components now. I've attached a pic. I noticed immediate improvement in the separation of instruments indeed. I used to have nothing in the way between my speakers when I lived in an earlier place due to the improvement in imaging, thanks for the tip. My components are small enough that I can put them side by side, so I only need two shelves. I'm definitely liking the improvement. I don't have enough room to put the rack to the side like I had it many years ago. There was wasted space with the shelves that high anyway. Thanks... also thanks for the kind words, I've been building this system for over 10 years, lots of hard work
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #447
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I like the revised rack set-up - looks more sleek and sounds better - that's good Thanks for the info on BelCanto, they seem like a great company.

  8. #448
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Here are a couple shots of my little system. I can't describe how much I enjoy the Harbeths. They are simply wonderful.

    Harbeth Compact 7ES-3
    McIntosh C22 60th preamp
    McIntosh MC275 amp
    Wyred4Sound DAC2
    Oppo BDP-95
    Mac Mini
    Quadraspire Q4 Evo stand
    Skylan speaker stands
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #449
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Beautiful and classic setup.

  10. #450
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    160

    Default Video of Harbeth in Action

    Thanks to all that had posted their hifi set-up and Harbeth.
    I think it's about time that we post some clips/videos of Harbeth in action.
    I have seen some in the Youtube.. I had posted mine..
    Last edited by Jmohd; 05-04-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Delete link

  11. #451
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Hello, my fellow Harbeth friends. I have some new changes to my listening room which I have some new thoughts now...
    Added with RoomTune DecoTunes panels, EchoTune and added more CornerTune :-) All my past wood diffuser removed :-) The new panels I have, place at the "pressure" spots have also greatly removed my boom problem for selected tracks I had issue in this room :-) and improves other areas, example dynamics/resolution, staging and imaging. And a further luxury of a Room Correction unit has further enhance the improvement suiting to the room acoustic been improved :-)
    Therefore... now... I am now thinking... if I should get the M40.1 for this room :-)



    Last edited by tein3; 13-04-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Typo

  12. #452
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Thanks to all that had posted their hifi set-up and Harbeth.
    I think it's about time that we post some clips/videos of Harbeth in action.
    I have seen some in the Youtube.. I had posted mine..

    Hi Jmohd, I found your video on you tube ;-) nice work on the lights :-)

  13. #453
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Bro, more to come.... I'm changing my hardware....Lightings are from Ikea

  14. #454
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Thanks to all that had posted their hifi set-up and Harbeth.
    I think it's about time that we post some clips/videos of Harbeth in action.
    I have seen some in the Youtube.. I had posted mine..
    Here you go, I'm not as fancy with the lighting however

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx_9JlMoVsM

  15. #455
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hello,
    I'm from Vietnam.

    Here is my little settup:
    Harbeth SHL5
    LFD Zero Mk III black diamond
    Digital: Wadia 830 / Itunes (WAV files) via an Apple TV to Wadia dac
    Cables: purist musaeus, NBS serpent IV, signal cable,...

    can't not be happier now!

    Some shots:


  16. #456
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Malaysia/Singapore
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Very nice Jacky. Thanks for sharing. Can share me your impression on the LFD?
    "Bath in Music"

  17. #457
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwwk View Post
    Very nice Jacky. Thanks for sharing. Can share me your impression on the LFD?
    For me, the LFD is absolutely what I'm looking for: lean and deep bass, fast, natural and dynamic while still musical which gives me hours listening to music without fatigue. It drives SHL5 just right enough authority, I think it suite compact 3 a litte better in this area.
    The thing that I'm not really satisfied in my system is the wadia - sounds accurate and smooth but "hifi" charater. I'm looking for a more natural source than the wadia, including PC solution, with mac mini + a natural NOS dac like db audiolab Tranquility.

  18. #458
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacky5555 View Post
    For me, the LFD is absolutely what I'm looking for: lean and deep bass, fast, natural and dynamic while still musical which gives me hours listening to music without fatigue. It drives SHL5 just right enough authority, I think it suite compact 3 a litte better in this area.
    The thing that I'm not really satisfied in my system is the wadia - sounds accurate and smooth but "hifi" charater. I'm looking for a more natural source than the wadia, including PC solution, with mac mini + a natural NOS dac like db audiolab Tranquility.
    Hi Jacky,

    Yes the LFD is a musical marvel of an amp. A gem if you will. Heard it with both SHL-5 & C7 ES3 bit still prefer it with SHL-5 a wee bit more. Try the LE III with a Meridien or Quad CD player, especially the older ones. Will sound quite a fair bit more musical than Wadia or any "exotic" cd player.

  19. #459
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thank you. My taste heads to natural sound but still with details, deep and 3d soundtage. I heard Quad cdp but found it laid back and missing something. To my ear, LFD zero 3 is quite busy to drive shl5 for orchescha or big stage music, that's why I said it fit compact3 better. Maybe NCSE is the best match to shl5, i guess. Anyhow I love my combo now, just need a chage in digital frontend.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Hi Jacky,

    Yes the LFD is a musical marvel of an amp. A gem if you will. Heard it with both SHL-5 & C7 ES3 bit still prefer it with SHL-5 a wee bit more. Try the LE III with a Meridien or Quad CD player, especially the older ones. Will sound quite a fair bit more musical than Wadia or any "exotic" cd player.

  20. #460
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacky5555 View Post
    Thank you. My taste heads to natural sound but still with details, deep and 3d soundtage. I heard Quad cdp but found it laid back and missing something. To my ear, LFD zero 3 is quite busy to drive shl5 for orchescha or big stage music, that's why I said it fit compact3 better. Maybe NCSE is the best match to shl5, i guess. Anyhow I love my combo now, just need a chage in digital frontend.
    Hi Jacky,

    I am actually an LFD LE III user with SHL-5 & i don't find the combo unneccesarily busy when playing full symphony or any other complex stuff even at elevated volume. In fact, what i admire about the LFD is its ability to still be able to differentiate the subtle shadings of the tone & timbre of different instruments very convincingly when playing complex music. It never sounded flustered or out of control even when pushed. Besides, the SHL-5 is not a difficult load on amplifiers. I suspect a change in your digital frontend will probably change this perspective. In addition, its not ideal to place your LE III right above your cd player. Try to get the LE III properly supported & you may be able to yield even more music out of it.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •