Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Thank you, Gan.
    Perhaps, I need a dedicated room too. As you can see, my left speaker places in a tight conner and between the 2 sofas. Hope to show you more next time. Happy listening!

Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Hi Jacky,

I am actually an LFD LE III user with SHL-5 & i don't find the combo unneccesarily busy when playing full symphony or any other complex stuff even at elevated volume. In fact, what i admire about the LFD is its ability to still be able to differentiate the subtle shadings of the tone & timbre of different instruments very convincingly when playing complex music. It never sounded flustered or out of control even when pushed. Besides, the SHL-5 is not a difficult load on amplifiers. I suspect a change in your digital frontend will probably change this perspective. In addition, its not ideal to place your LE III right above your cd player. Try to get the LE III properly supported & you may be able to yield even more music out of it.

My humble system:

Rega P3/2000, Rega Exact, Lejonklou Kinki 2 RIAA
    Firestone Audio Fubar 4 DAC with Supplier (PSU)
    Exposure Cd player
    Exposure XXXV amplifier
    Harbeth C7es-3

And two more:

AdamW Guest

My current setup:
    Linn LP12 + Ekos + Adikt + Lingo + Pure Sound p10
    Linn Ikemi
    Sonneteer Orton
    Harbeth SHL5 + Skylan stands

Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
    My current setup:
    Linn LP12 + Ekos + Adikt + Lingo + Pure Sound p10
    Linn Ikemi
    Sonneteer Orton
    Harbeth SHL5 + Skylan stands

I really like your setup,very clean and home like.Enjoy

Default My shl5 setup

My humble shl5 setup.
    Sources: Ayon Cd1s, Marantz SA8260
    Amplification: Audio Research LS26, Symphonic Line Rg7 Mk4
    Signal Cabling: PS audio xstream statement
    Custom made lossy extruded Aluminum stands
    ASC Echo busters and GIK acoustics room treatment
    Cheers,
    Sid
    Attached Images Attached Images

QUOTE=sidvee;15391]My humble shl5 setup.
    Cheers,
    Sid[/QUOTE]

Humble,are you serious.That is more like a demo room.

Quote Originally Posted by kraiker View Post
    Humble,are you serious.That is more like a demo room.
    Thanks kraiker. It is my dedicted listening room/Ht room, with bulk of the usage for two channel stereo, a task that the Shl5 executes superlatively.
    Cheers,
    Sid

My room. Enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by teddyboy View Post
    My room. Enjoying it!
    Post it all around the world
    I really like your equipement stands,know they are fair priced.Shoulkd get myself one.

It is amazing that Harbeth does not make any floorstanders,are the M 40.w's considered to be bookshelf speakers or is it standmounts.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyboy View Post
    My room. Enjoying it!
    Awesome setup teddyboy!
    Cheers
    Sid

Hi sidvee,

Thanks for sharing..btw your right speaker appear too close to the corner and side wall. Do you have any issues with positioning the speakers? There's a guide for setting up the speakers that comes with the speakers.

after years of experience, SHL5 must be position away from walls and corners to sound good. no matter how good it is fine-tuned, there is no denial that the first principle of speaker placement rules. always!

Thanks Jmhod - Actually the photos are not very clear. Both the speakers are positioned with their front baffle at 36" from the rear wall and 26" from the side wall. Distance between the speakers ctr. to ctr. is 8', slightly toed into my listening position which is 9' away. Room size is small, only 14' x 12' x 9' with a drop ceiling of armstrong tiles. There are 2 echo buster panels on the wall behind the speakers and 6 GIK acoustics 244 panels, 4 in the room corners acting as bass traps and 2 at the side walls acting at the first reflection points. Floor is carpeted wall to wall with a large rug as well. I experimented with 4-5 settings from the rear and side walls till I arrived at this setting. I had them out as far as 4' from rear walls and 28" from side walls. Now the speakers are sounding awesome with the soundstage depth easily perceived at 6-8' and laser sharp imaging. I attached 2 more pics. from different angles - excuse my photography skills.
    Cheers,
    Sid

Quote Originally Posted by Jmohd View Post
    Hi sidvee,

Thanks for sharing..btw your right speaker appear too close to the corner and side wall. Do you have any issues with positioning the speakers? There's a guide for setting up the speakers that comes with the speakers.

Thanks coredump, really appreciated. I rely on the valuable experience/advice of the esteemed members here as I really am just a novice and amazed at all the systems and collective knowledge displayed here. It is very humbling, and using all this information, I hope to create a little bit of that magic in my setup as well. I know I barely scratched the surface with my modest equipment & setup skills but my sincere hope is to keep improving. Someday, hopefully in this lifetime, I aspire to a setup like teddyboy's or Jmohd's perhaps.
    Cheers,
    Sid

is it live or is it memorex.jpg
    this is where I sit...that is a Harbeth 7 es-3 on skylan stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Macjager View Post
    is it live or is it memorex.jpg
    this is where I sit...that is a Harbeth 7 es-3 on skylan stand...
    That is a nice Eames Lounge Chair,I use the same in my listening room,only it is Black Leather Uphostered.

I really like the photo you have takes,what Camera if I may ask.

The chair veneer is exactly the same as your cabinet across.

Hi, looking at the chair head rest it seems a little low. When seated ear level to be in line with the tweeter.

Hi kraiker, thanks for the comments
    It is actually a copy of an Eames chair, from the 70's, inherited from my parents a few years ago. It was originally black vinyl which eventually fell apart. I had it reupholstered recently in a yellow cream colour leather (outdoor leather for toughness and dog resistence). The grain of the cabinet and chair are a match by coincidence as the cabinet is a rosewood and the chair is more cherry (I think). Playing with the picture in Aperture allowed me to manipulate the colours a bit). The Camera is a Canon 50D dSLR with a 24-100 macro yoom lens, tripod mounted using a remote release...whew.
    Hi Jmohd, the head rest is actually at the level of the neck, so my ears are more in line with the tweeters...except when I slouch...

cheers

george

Smile

Hi Macjager, is that the Martini glass Ella Fitzgerald is going to try to shatter :-)

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast