Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Default 1.5W amp driving P3ESR!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Here's a photo I'd like to share of
    Newly acquired P3ESRs

The amp is a one off 1.5watts per channel and P3ESRs just sing with this!!

P1000471_1.jpg

Default Nice setup!

Nice set up! I don't care if all amps sound the same or not that tube amp sure looks wonderful (so does the Thorens tt!)

Default Wonderful!

Wonderful set up, paolo!!

Interesting you did not choose maple as veneer for your P3ESR...

Default Best international system?

PC and Reinhard

Thank you for your kind comments. IMO this set up is the best of British, German, Swiss and USA engineering in its day. Especially pleasing is the music produced from the Pass Aleph P, Rhea, Thomas Mayer 46SET, Thorens 124/2 (fully restored) and P3ESR combination. I can play vinyl for hours and hours!

Rosewood is my favorite wood almost tactile in appearance.. Interestingly one's eye is drawn to the contrast between the colour of maple and rosewood when seated...its a visual thing I suppose..

KRs Paolo

Default Wonderful!

Wonderful setup, Paolo.

Default Wonderful t/t

Really wonderful, nice turntable!

Default 1.5w of muscle power + p3

Quote Originally Posted by paolo View Post
    Hi everyone,

Here's a photo I'd like to share of
    Newly acquired P3ESRs

The amp is a one off 1.5watts per channel and P3ESRs just sing with this!!

P1000471_1.jpg
    Love it!

What amp is that? I've been out of it for far too long.

Default Audio stagnation?

Quote Originally Posted by tcb1935 View Post
    hey, here's a update. i had the chance to buy much more expensive atc active speaker, but i did not. maybe something is wrong in my high-end audiophile upward spiral? it has stagnated since I harbeths....is that curable?
    Gorgeously charming, especially since it's so deceptively simple and unassuming.

Love the finish - don't see many of these where I'm from. Definitely NOT curable!

Default Hello Everyone and Greetings from Singapore! SHL5 > M40.1

Hello Everyone and Greetings from Singapore,

I have been an avid reader of the User Group for a over a year now, but this is my first post.

I've been using Harbeth Speakers since January last year starting with the Super HL5. It was musical bliss for many months until January of this year when I got the itch to move to the M40.1. I have just moved to a new house last Saturday and I'm in
    the midst of having the doors and windows on the ground floor re-sealed for better soundproofing from the noisy world outside. Then, on to a little (or a lot) of room treatment before finally and hopefully setting up the audio equipment again.

I though I would attach some photo's of my previous setup just before moving and hope to add some new photo's soon.

Regards

tmokbelIMG_1913.jpgAttachment 1992IMG_1919.jpg

Default Thomas Meyer 46 SE

Hi Timleety,
    The amp is a Thomas Mayer 46 SE. Have a look at his blog for more information
    http://vinylsavor.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/46

Default My Harbeth journey

Quote Originally Posted by tmokbel View Post
    Hello Everyone and Greetings from Singapore,

I have been an avid reader of the User Group for a over a year now, but this is my first post.

I've been using Harbeth Speakers since January last year starting with the Super HL5. It was musical bliss for many months until January of this year when I got the itch to move to the M40.1. I have just moved to a new house last Saturday and I'm in
    the midst of having the doors and windows on the ground floor re-sealed for better soundproofing from the noisy world outside. Then, on to a little (or a lot) of room treatment before finally and hopefully setting up the audio equipment again.

I though I would attach some photo's of my previous setup just before moving and hope to add some new photo's soon.

Regards

tmokbelIMG_1913.jpgAttachment 1992IMG_1919.jpg
    Octave amps? Very nice - would love to hear them.

Default Nice amp

That's a beautiful amp, Paolo. Hard to imagine that it makes more than a whisper with the P3ESR, though! You must have really good hearing. I would love to have Harbeth speakers that have something like 95db sensitivity because of my hobby building single ended tube amps.

Default 46SE + P3ESR = emotion

Hi JP-the combination of the 46SE with the P3ESRs never ceases to amaze me. When phone rings I have to lower volume.

I have tried really quite sensitive horns in my room (96db ) but they lacked emotion-no soundstage. The P3ESR and 46 combo is an emotional experience:there are ample SPLs for my listening environment 14' x10'. What I am trying to say is that my tube amp seems to work better with higher impedance speakers and that sensitivity is not the only factor.

The 46SE and P3ESRs are each in their own way testimony to superb design and quality production.

Default 46 liked

Hi Paolo,

Great to read that you to like the 46 amp so much! Also good to know that the amp works so well with this speaker.

Best regards

Thomas

Default My M30 + Skylan + Blue Circle

Here's a pic of my M30's on Skylan Stands with my Blue Circle BC206-NST amp .. yeah.. it's big.. hehehehe.

IMG_0003ab.jpg

Default Octave amps

Quote Originally Posted by b4sound View Post
    Octave amps? Very nice - would love to hear them.
    Hello B4sound and to all our friends 'down under'. Octave make lovely amplifiers that just go on and on and are built to last. Reliability and customer support was high on my list and Octave does well in this area. Definitely "Made in Germany"

Default Nice set-up

Quote Originally Posted by Double D View Post
    Here's a pic of my M30's on Skylan Stands with my Blue Circle BC206-NST amp .. yeah.. it's big.. hehehehe.

IMG_0003ab.jpg
    You could drive that thing to work!! Sweet set-up!

Default My U-boat

Yeah... it's a "nice little amp".. hahaa.. I affectionately refer to it as my little "U-Boat"..

Here's the business end of the system, the larger box in the corner is outboard power supply for the pre-amp sitting on the top shelf.. yup.. it's a whopper!

IMG_0001ab.jpg

Default Skylan stands

Quote Originally Posted by Double D View Post

IMG_0003ab.jpg
    Hey I think I saw your speakers before lol.

Nice to see you man. ~

Default Returning to Harbeth with M40.1 with McIntosh.

Hi, Finally I went back to Harbeth again.... used to own C7 , SHL5 and M30 ... I switched with Sonusfaber Elipsa but I couldn't forget the sounds of Harbeth.( Well I am stil keeping both speakers )

So here I am back again with the M40.1 and Iam very happy camper .

Thanks for looking.

DSC02121.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast