Sorry, off thread topic. Since mentioning abt inter amp, has anyone used or heard Pathos Inter (Classic one MK3 or Logos) or Consonance inter with Harberth?
IMO, they are reasonably priced. Looks great but dunno abt the sound?
The absolute sound mag Jun/July 2008 issue featured Pathos.
Rgds / Thanks
Picture of Pathos Classic MK3
I think "Hi-fi Choice" magazine did a test with numerous tube amps in this month's issue. I believe the Pathos amp had a very positive review.
Another out of topic fact:
During my time reading some hifi mags, ( I think it was Stereophile May issue) I read through a section in which Dennis Had from Cary Audio is also a happy new owner of a Harbeth Compact 7ES3 speaker system.
My hifi system consist of
- Monrio Top Loader Type 2 CD Player with TAOC TITE-35S Super Insulator
- 2x Hi-Fi Tuning Fuse (CD)
- TAOC SCB-RS50G Platform (CD)
- Quad QC-24 Preamp (Tube: 1x NOS GE 6111) with TAOC TITE-35S Super Insulator
- Quad II Forty Mono Amps with Soundcare SuperSpike 2 High-End (Tubes: 4x NOS Tungsol 6550, 4x NOS Raytheon 6SH7GT, 2x NOS Mullard CV378/GZ37)
- Harbeth Super HL-5 with JPS Jumper Cables
- TAOC Stabilizer SBL-13MT (under speakers)
- Sound Anchor Stands with TAOC Spike Plates PTS-F
- Acrolink 7N-D5000 Interconnects (CD to Preamp)
- Acrolink 7N-A2070 Interconnect (Preamp to Amps)
- The Chord Company Signature Speaker Cables with Furutech Banana Plugs FP-202
- 6x Cardas Golden Cuboids (to raise speaker cables off the floor)
- Acrolink 6N-PC6100 support by Acoustic Revive Cable Insulator RCI-3 (CD)
- Acrolink 6N-P4030 with Oyaide IEC & US Plugs P/C004 (Preamp)
- 2x Oyaide Tunami GPX (Amps)
- 3x Isoclean Power Audio Grade Fuse (Preamp & Amps)
- Solidsteel Rack 5.4 with Spikes & Shoes & 5kg Leadshot
- Oyaide R1 Wall Outlet (Isotek & Oyaide MTB-6)
- CSE KR100 Isolation Regulator with TAOC TITE-46PIN Insulator (CD& Preamp)
- Isotek GII Mini Sub with TAOC TITE-46PIN Insulator (CSE)
- Oyaide MTB-6 Power Distributor with R1 Outlet & Acoustic Revive Outlet Stabilizer CS-2F (Amps)
- Marigo Audio Signature 3-D Stabilizer Mat
- Acoustic Revive Disc Demagnetizer RD-3
- Acoustic Revive Ultra Low-frequency Pulse Generator RR-77 with Kingrex PSU
- Eichmann Express AC with Oyaide P-079 Plugs (Isotek)
- LAT Internaional AC-2 Powercord (CSE)
- Oyaide Tunami GPX (Oyaide MTB-6)
- DH Labs Power Plus with Wattagate IEC & US Plugs Power Cord (Kingrex)
Those sound absorbers on the side walls look very interesting. Is it possible that you could take another picture looking down on them so we can see how thick they are, how far from the wall and where they are relative to the front of the speakers?
Alan A. Shaw
Harbeth Audio UK
Hi Alan. Those diffusers are custom made in solid wood. They are copy of a famous brand with better material use. It widen the soundstage and improve imaging. More pic in close up as follows.
Thanks Jmohd. Dimension is is 120L x 60W x 13D cm. Not sure of it weight but they're heavy. I've order another pair to place behind the speaker at a 45 degree angle which further enhance the imaging. It also give a slightly more distant soundstage as my system sound a little forward now. Presently I'm using 3 diffuser (same as the one between speakers) behind my sitting area which I find that it work better.
I'm thinking of going the same route. Currently i have 2 diffusors behind my sitting area. Due to my room size, i could not get wide soundstage ( beyond the speakers).
Pls pm me of the results with the additional diffusors.
By the way, your diffusors are similar to mine. Do you get them from SS or Bro J?
Yes Jmohd, I got all of them from bro J. Will keep you posted once I have try them.
Have finally got myself a pair of Harbeth and think is the time to pop my lastest set up here for sharing.
Turntable : Rega P3-2000 with Elys 2 MM Cart.
Phono amp : Rega Fono
CD Player : Naim CD5i
Tuner : Naim NAT 03
Aerial : Magnum Dynaudio ST-2 mounted indoor near windows
Amp :Naim Nait 5i
Speakers : Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3
Spaker cable : Naim NACA5
Interconnects : Naim Din to Din and Chord Din to Phonos
Speaker Stand : Not so well finished but very heavy made in China 20" metal stand
Equipment rack : Ikea EINA
Hello,my friends,I'm from Mainland China,so glad to be back Harbeth's fans home,put up some pics of my system,hope you can give me some advice.
my setup is :
cd player :spark cd 17-a(full banlanced) ;
Amps :spark sc-120 full banlanced pre-amplifier(transistor);
spark a88t power amplifier(tube kt88 pp)
cables :signal:Bona Balance SB008;
Yarbo silver 001
speakercable:Bona SP600 MK2
power connector:Cayin P300L
surge/protector/line conditioner:Forwar FW2200F
yes,as you see,I ordered the stands for my M30 from another province of China,it is nearly 2000KM from my spot.But it looks & sounds well,and I like your music room & your system.Later I think I will get a pair of mono block vacuum tube power amplifier( 845 tube for single-end configuration).