Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Default Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

T.W,

Here is the picture of my current set-up. My set-up is position on the width of the room.
    What do you think of my set-up? Local Harbeth distributor don't have the M40.1 for demo.

Rgds,

T.W.,
    I very much like how neat and orderly your listening room is. It looks like a truly dedicated listening room. While your speakers are perhaps closer to the side walls than is ideal (and so are mine), the fact that you have the diffusers along the walls must help a great deal. The space behind the speakers is very good. While I've adopted a near-field, 90 degree listening position with my M40s, I can appreciate the appeal of a more distant position. All in all, you must be very happy to have such a room for listening, and such good equipment (especially the Harbeths) producing the music. Happy listening and thanks for posting your photo!

Ned

Ferdinand777 Guest

Current Set-up 2008:

Equipment List:

Harbeth SHL5s on Sound Anchors Stands (for C7).
    Auditorium 23 speaker cables (jumpers are Silver Audio Silver Shot)
    Accuphase E450 integrated amplifier (180w/channel)
    Accuphase DP500 Cd player
    Accuphase DG48 Digital room correction

Interconnects: Acrolink 2070 interconnct and Purist Audio Design Aqueous Anniversary IC, Silver Audio Digital Cable
    Powercords: Acrolink PC7100, Acrolink 4030, TG Audio SLVR
    Power Conditioner: Shunyata Hydra 4, Shunyata 20amp Python Powercord

Room treatments:

11 pcs ASC Bass traps from 11", 13", 16"diameter (the more you add, the more control one has--its addictive!)
    4 pcs ASC Studio traps (controls 1st and order reflections)
    10 pcs ASC Panels (controls echos and sets the soundstage)

9 Pcs Acoustic System Resonators (basic, silver, gold special). *magic stuff*-- it works!

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/a...esonators.html

Room size: 19 feet long x 15.5 feet wide x 9 feet height

Equipment Racks:

Symposium isis rack
    Symposium Ultras on Accuphase DP500 CD player and Accuphase Integrated amp
    Symposium Svelte on Accuphase DG48
    Symposium Speaker Sveltes on Harbeth SHL5s.

Result: This room is very well treatment and equipments are well isolated using Symposiums, one can play music in this room extremely loud without distortion and bass overhang. Sound is slightly on the warm side but very clear, detailed and very orderly. One can see deep into the soundstage with clear separation of instruments, musicians with good soundstage depth.
    On RTA, bass can go as low as 35hz room load without boominess.
    Bass is very tight and very articulate. Bass notes are very well defined due to the numerous bass traps.
    Speakers are almost 10 feet apart, 5.5 feet away from rear walls and 2 feet away from side walls. I listen about 8 feet away from the speakers.
    Sound is very dynamic and fast thanks to the 180w Accuphase. The midrange is very well focused and the imaging is spot on about lifesize.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ferdinand777 Guest

Previous Harbeth Set-up with Compact 7es2 (Year 2004)

Audio Note CDT-2
    Audio Note Dac 3.1x
    Audible Illusions Modulus 3a pre-amp
    McCormack DNA 0.5 Rev A power amp
    C7es2 on 20 inch skylan stands
    Audience 23 speaker cables with TG Audio SLVR Interconnects. , Silver Audio Digital Cable
    TG Audio SLVR Power cords in all gears
    Particular Rack Model parallel
    Blue Circle Power conditioner

Misc ASC Bass traps and Sound panels

ical Guest

Wow Ferdinand777, what a big room! Big enough for a M40.1. Nice gear you've there driving the SHL-5. Btw any reason why you change from Skylan to Sound Anchor stands?

Wow! nice room.
    Fit for the "King" M40.1.
    Just curious, the picture shows your sitting position way back to the back wall.
    Is there any reason ?
    Last edited by Jmohd; 12-10-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: correction

Here is my setup. Super HL-5 on 18" Skylan stands. CD-player is dCS-Puccini. Amp is Pass Lab Int-150 or an old tweaked set of Quicksilver KT-88. I live in Norway.

tricka Guest

what a lovely room - thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hagto View Post
    Here is my setup. Super HL-5 on 18" Skylan stands. CD-player is dCS-Puccini. Amp is Pass Lab Int-150 or an old tweaked set of Quicksilver KT-88. I live in Norway.

Hagto.... beautiful room! Thank you for sharing... and that beautiful Mies Van der Rohe sofa 531 black.

Cheers..
    Music is not to be denied... is to be enjoyed!

Thanks to both of you. I usually plays with grills on, and more toe in than the first picture. I also like my tweaked 2x60W tube monoblock's best:

From the other side:

tricka Guest

simple clean lines and gorgeous gear.....well done: you should be justifiably proud.

Ok here is mine - pales abit in comparison:

Thank you. I did like your room a lot. It did look like a real home. Nice integrated stereo. I think you have much better acoustic in your room than I have in mine. I will in the nearest future work with more acoustic treatment at my home. Your pictures gave me some ideas. Have you made those diffusors by yourself or have you bought them somewhere?

tricka Guest

Thank you - our home in Sydney is fairly humble: but we like it.
    I adore your wooden walls - the best material for tone I feel.
    I should love to swap the couches (leather) for material = great absorbers but unfortunately our cat may have other ideas:

The diffusers/absorbers I did not make - they are from Sound Acoustics over here.
    I have in mind an ARC diffusor from RPG when I can afford it but certainly as it stands my room sounds quite good. I still have a bass node around 60 Hz but will work to clean that up in due course - or just open the large window and let the neighbours enjoy! You probably didn't spot the 2 bass traps in the corners (hidden under the presents and curtains) and there are another 2 suspended in the ceiling corners in the adjacent alcoves. In addition I have 5 x 8th Nerve acoustic triangles in the corners. These help alot IMHO.

have a great Xmas - bit colder in Norway than Sydney mate!

Cheerio
    Andrew

Very cold in Norway now indeed.
    I have studied your pictures and have noticed more treatments yes. I got inspired by you and have been all over the house today looking for more carpets and other things to use for better acoustics, and it has already worked for the better. I also have absorbers in the corners (from Daad). Have a great Xmas.

Just got my first M30s, been listening to it all day. Very nice, no sign of listening fatigue whatsoever. Compared to my previous Naim Arivas, it is both more detailed and warmer. the only thing that the floorstranding Arivas did better was hard rock and materials like DToSM in full blast. The M30 just does not do full blast.

agentsmith, beautiful pic of the Monitors 30 & setup. could u re-size the pic to fit the screen ?

Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    agentsmith, beautiful pic of the Monitors 30 & setup. could u re-size the pic to fit the screen ?
    Thanks you are being kind.

Which picture would you like me to resize? and at what dimension? Depending on the resolution of your screen, it could mean different sizes. (e.g. 1024X768)

My Thinkpad is wide screen normal and pictures cannot fit the screen perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
    Thanks you are being kind.

Which picture would you like me to resize? and at what dimension? Depending on the resolution of your screen, it could mean different sizes. (e.g. 1024X768)

My Thinkpad is wide screen normal and pictures cannot fit the screen perfectly.
    agentsmith. how about 640 X 480? Thanks

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast