Thread: Mis-Info

eelekim Guest

Default Mis-Info

From the Little Wing Recording website (http://www.littlewingrecording.net/technotes.html):

"Harbeth was founded in 1977 by a senior BBC Research Engineer, Allan A. Shaw, who designed the Circle 3 and 5 then marketed by HHB in 1996."

Another example of wrong info on the net... :P And I can understand why the first version of the Audiogon interview video was with Mr Shaw's first name misspelt.

mike

Default Re: Mis-Info

Quote Originally Posted by eelekim View Post
    Another example of wrong info on the net..
    Thanks - I've emailed them and it's now been fixed.

In my mind, we exist here for one primary reason - so that you can get the facts directly and reliably from us at the factory. Of course, our opinions are one of many, but we do have the advantage of being the designers and manufacturers! So much of what we read on the net is incomplete or inaccurate, often due to poor basic research which takes time and effort. In our new expanded History section of the Harbeth web site, I have trawled all available sources to try and get to the bottom of the question that has intrigued me for 35 years .... why did the BBC ever get involved in monitor speakers?

I had no idea how complex this question was or how many avenues I needed to chase down to close-in on the answer, and this study is very far from complete. The first steps of my history research is here. Proper research takes time. It also needs a (relatively) curious and open mind.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK