Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Harbeth Monitor 30 domestic specific

Default Re: I love harbeth M30!

Hi Zhangyu.H welcome.... glad to know you're enjoying your Harbeth M30. If you would like to view other owners around the world setup... have a look at this link... Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Cheers...
    Music is not to be denied... is to be enjoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyu.H View Post
    Gan CK
    Thank you for your warm,detailed instructions for me,It's useful for a "freshman" here.I will try it.
    Thanks again.

You are welcome. Feel free to raise any issues you may have in posting the pic. Oh & post your setup pic in the link provided by Soundbyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbyte View Post
    Hi Zhangyu.H welcome.... glad to know you're enjoying your Harbeth M30. If you would like to view other owners around the world setup... have a look at this link... Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Cheers...
    Thank you for your link,I will try it.

Hi Gan CK & Soundbyte,
    I have put some pics of my setup,thank you for your helping,and beg your advice.
    sincerely Zhangyu

Hi zhangyu.H,
    Welcome and looking forward to see your lovely setup...

Hi,friends,I've put up some pics of my system at http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/s...=3388#post3388, hope you can give me some advice,thank you.
    zhangyu

jaybar Guest

Default Issue for Alan Shaw-Blemished Finnish on my Montor 30's

Hi Alan

I am in the USA and have my Monitor 30's for almost 4 years. They were purchased as a dealer demo from a harbeth dealer. They are in maple, which is not even imported anymore into the USA.

They are beginning to develop cracks or blemishes in the finnish which look like raised lines in parallel-sort of like what a small scar woudl look like on your arm.

Needless to say they do not effect the acoustics of the speakers, but they certainly would adverselt effect resale value, should I ever went to sell them.

I have never had this with any other pair of speakers!

Since they are still under warrantee, is this type of thing covered and if so, what are my options?

I must say that I am not happy about this.

Looking forward to hearing what can be done.

Thanks in Advance.

Jay

Default Radial 2 Driver in 30the Anniversary M30?

Hello, Alan

I was wondering if the 30th Anniversary Edition of the Monitor 30 incorporates the new Radial 2 driver?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Bob LaBarca
    State College, PA
    USA

Default Re: Radial 2 Driver in 30the Anniversary M30?

No. The M30 does not use the RADIAL2 woofer. The Compact 7ES3 and the Monitor 40.1 use the RADIAL2 woofer. The M40.1 uses it in a special version as a midrange driver.
    Harbeth PR,
    Harbeth UK

Vlado Guest

huh, what about the SHL5 ???

Quote Originally Posted by harbethpr View Post
    No. The M30 does not use the RADIAL2 woofer. The Compact 7ES3 and the Monitor 40.1 use the RADIAL2 woofer. The M40.1 uses it in a special version as a midrange driver.

The SHL5 does not use the RADIAL2 driver.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Vlado Guest

What is the difference between Radial 1 and 2 ?
    the speaker sounds wery simmilar except the cleaner hights and the bigger bass in case of SHL5 vs. C7? Altough the C7 has better soundstage!

Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    The SHL5 does not use the RADIAL2 driver.

The RADIAL2 woofer has a different surround. Humble though it may look, the surround is an extremely critical chemical-mechanical component. Too much damping, and the sound is lifeless: too little damping and the round is hard. But, the optimum surround thickness and hence mass will (obviously) effect sensitivity. One reason that for some years speakers have been boasting seemingly ever-increasing sensitivity is because the manufactures have been thinning-down and removing damping from their surrounds to save weight hence increase sensitivity.

This is exactly analogous to stripping a car bare to reduce weight and increase acceleration and top speed. But who would want to bump along with such a hard ride?
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

ebenai Guest

Default M30 grilles fit well.

Hi guys:

Quick question. I just got a pair of M30. Purchased them in the second hand market. They are in pristine condition. My only observation is that the grilles don't have the Harbeth logo. They fit perfectly. They were both in the US. Should I worried about this?

Default Grille removal on Monitor 30

Thanks for the replies to my last post, folks.

I have another question: how does one remove the grill from a M30 without destroying something? I've stopped trying. Alan, I know that you've designed an acoustically transparent grill that you would prefer to see left in place; but you've also built a beautifully veneered front baffle with that nicely radiused woofer mounting. If you really don't want us messing back there, why don't you affix the grills permanently and save yourself and the consumer some money by doing away with the wood veneer up front?

Thanks, looking forward to your reply

Bob LaBarca
    State College, PA
    USA

Default Re: Grille removal on Monitor 30

Have you not seen the videos I made and posted right here on the Harbeth User Group concerning a) the Harbeth DIY paperclip grille puller and the Skylan magnetic one?

I direct you to the thread "How to safely remove the grilles"

By the way, the spelling is GRILLE not grill. I've edited your post. Unfortunately, if the word is not spelled correctly when you search the HUG for grille you will not find grill and vice versa.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Default Re: Grills

I edited your post. It is GRILLE not grill. Unfortunately, if the word is not spelled correctly when you search the HUG for grille you will not find grill and vice versa.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

ebenai Guest

Default Re: Harbeth Monitor 30 domestic specific

Thanks. I'm sorry about the spelling. English is not my mother tongue. The grilles are fine. They fit well. They just don't have the logo and I was wandering if in some markets (US) these come w/o grilles or perhaps the previous owner removed them? Is that possible?

Vanmar Guest

Default Harbeth Monitor 30 and Lavardin IT: best audition of my life

Dear Harbeth's Friends,

I'm the happy owner of a SHL5 loudspeaker system. Yesterday I had the chance to have an audition of a Monitor 30, amplified with my Lavardin IT. Well, it was really an experience! From respect to the natural music reproduction this was the best audtion I had in my life!

I attend many concerts and live music and nothing appered me before so close to these. The piano and the strings were so real, that's unbelivable.

Everything so rigorous and serene. (as soon as my budget will allow me to do it I'll go on dealing with the M30 from the SHL5).

Good job boys!

Default Re: Harbeth Monitor 30 and Lavardin IT

Quote Originally Posted by Vanmar View Post
    Dear Harbeth's Friends, ...From respect to the natural music reproduction this was the best audtion I had in my life!...Good job boys!

Vanmar,

So, M30 is better than SHL5? Do you do side by side comparision?

Pls do remember that your room size, room acoustic, speaker placement .. to name a few also play a part.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast