design of an ideal loudspeaker stand? Your opinion...
I am designing a designated speaker stand for the Monitor 30 (Monitor 20 and other Harbeth loudspeakers might follow). In order to make shure that I have thought about every aspect of the subject-matter, I would like to ask a few question. I hope for a diversity of opinions!
1. What features does a good speakerstand need to have?
2. How often do you move your speakers (and stands) around in pursuit of a better sound?
3. How high should the tweeter be positioned (or: how high is your ear in your sofa)?
4. What elements of certain speakerstands do you like or dislike?
5. Does the speakerstand matter to you or not?
6. And last but not least: What is a reasonable price for a pair of stands for your Harbeth monitor?
Re: design of an ideal loudspeaker stand? Your opinion...
Originally Posted by henningh
why do not try to design also an audio rack, to have an unified design, which can be better integrated in a living room?
Acceptable price for stands?
I bougt Atacama SL 500 for 160 EUR including shippment from UK. Acceptable price, not counting the paint costs - I didnt like the original paint.