Thread: Harbeth HL-S8 tower

Avenante Guest

Default Harbeth HL-S8 tower

I am considering a purchase of the Harbeth model HL S8. I can't find many general information on them, since they are out of production. I would appreciate any data or comment you may post in order to help my decision. My amplifier is: Audio Analogue Puccini SE .

Regards, Angelo Avenante (Florence).

Default Re: HL-S8

Quote Originally Posted by Avenante View Post
    I am considering a purchase of the Harbeth model HL S8. I can't find many general information on them, since they are out of production. I would appreciate any data or comment you may post in order to help my decision. My amplifier is: Audio Analogue Puccini SE.
    Hi Avenante, the HL-S8 is the floorstanding version of the defunct HL-K6. And the K6 used to sit in between the P3 & C7 employing the C7's mid/bass driver & P3's 19mm aluminium dome tweeter. Your amp should have no problem driving the S8.

codel Guest

Default Re: Hl-s8

Are there any pictures available for the HL S8 and the HL K6?.

Avenante Guest

Default Re: HL-S8

Quote Originally Posted by Gan CK View Post
    Hi Avenante, the HL-S8 is the floorstanding version of the defunct HL-K6. And the K6 used to sit in between the P3 & C7 employing the C7's mid/bass driver & P3's 19mm aluminium dome tweeter. Your amp should have no problem driving the S8.
    Thank a lot for the useful info. Regards. Avenante.

Here are some pics of the HL-K6 & S8.

HL-K6

HL-S8

I never got a chance to listen to the S8 though i owned the K6 before. Smooth, sophisticated, musical & tonally correct in typical Harbeth tradition.

codel Guest

Thank you Gan CK for the pictures. It is very interesting to know Harbeth's history through its creations.

Quote Originally Posted by codel View Post
    Thank you Gan CK for the pictures. It is very interesting to know Harbeth's history through its creations.
    You are welcome. I came to know Harbeth since 1987 when my local dealer brought in the HL-MK4. One listen to the MK4s & i was hooked. In addition, i love that classic BBC look that may appear boxy looking to some.

Avenante Guest

I eventually decided yo buy the HL S8.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenante View Post
    I eventually decided yo buy the HL S8.
    Great. Do let us know how the HL-S8 sounds in your setup & perhaps post a couple of pictures as well? )