Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Stands for your Harbeths

Default How suspened in stands?

Hey, Phillip

How are the speakers suspended in these stands? Are they clamped or what?

Default Cradle stands

KT88, I originally posted about the 'cradle' stand on post #99 on this thread (mod can you link to this post for me?).

I don't own one but its based on the ones designed for the discontinued Rehdeko speaker. A google image search will show some examples. The speakers sits against one bar running along its bottom front edge and one that runs across the speakers back near its top, this gives the speaker the extra security from ever toppling over which is what i like about its design . For me thought its still creates a too top heavy solution.

Moderator's comment: Sorry but we do not have the facility to add hyperlinks in moderation......}

Default Making my own stands for C7ES3 ....

Planning to get my first pair of Harbeths soon (C7ES3) and have been reading on the discussion here. Seems decoupling the speaker from the stands produces the most significant sound quality giving the speakers walls enough room to resonate.

So I am in the process of making my own out of Mahogany... It should more or less look like this (still a work in progress though)... sorry for the badly taken picture though.

comments and suggestions are very much welcomed and preferred...
    btw, they are made to match the audio rack I made too...

Default Nice home made stands!

Nice project timber715! I also made my own stand for my SHL5. I used some recycle carton. They sell this in large quantities and you can make some base for bed, shelf, bookcase, etc.

Sebastien

Default Thanks, pleasure in woodworking

Thanks Sebastien, been woodworking for two to three years and I find pleasure in learning new things... like what makes a good stand for Harbeths...

Default Stands

Thanks for sharing, Timber715. Always good to learn of others' stands they use. They will look very handsome and perform very well, I have no doubt.

Ben

Default Adjustable heights

Hi Timber, the racks are gorgeous. Did you put the adjustable spikes under the feet?

Default Gorgeous home-made stands - with spikes?

Quote Originally Posted by STHLS5 View Post
    Hi Timber, the racks are gorgeous. Did you put the adjustable spikes under the feet?
    I recently finished that rack, the spikes were ordered and should arrive early feb 2011. Yes, they are adjustable... and thank you for the compliment, took me about 150 hours work on it. made space for the spikes and hopefully it arrives soon.

I just hope someday my gears would improve too...

Default Spikes

sorry I missed to answer the question, no, there are no spikes intended on the rack feet, but that is a simple add-on just in case...

Default Stands for my M40.1 - no BluTack contact with the veneer (important)

hi,

the stands for my new 40.1 arrived today. they are custom made from light pinewood etched in pale rosewood tint. Each 40.1 sits on 4 small "sandwiches" of anti rubber foil + blu tack (the blu tack has NO contact to the veneer. hope you like it. the sound of course is gorgeous.

best,
    delgesu

Default Antique Sound's Monoblocks

timber715, I just notice that you have Antique Sound Lab's monoblocks. How are you satisfied by them? I already had a AQ1001DT that I sold last Spring.

Sebastien

Default Lightweight stands

Hi, timber715.
    I really like the design you've come up with for the custom speaker stands. Visually I've always liked the the lightweight open framed stand.
    But have always been concerned with the stability of such a top heavy solution. ( especially with my M30's as they need taller stands.
    Your design cleverly both enlarges the footprint and has those 4 'locking' supports above the bottom of the speakers which should nicely increase the speakers stability and safety. Good job! I think I'll try something similar.

Default My first tube amps

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien View Post
    timber715, I just notice that you have Antique Sound Lab's monoblocks. How are you satisfied by them? I already had a AQ1001DT that I sold last Spring.

Sebastien
    these are my very first tube amplifiers (modded to give about 30 watts) and is currently used to power my B&W CDM1's, so far, it has been a new world for me since I came from a NAD355. I'm no audiophile but I do like music, and so far I am very happy with those mono-blocks. I do hope they have enough to power the incoming C7's. placed my order today, woot!!

P.C., thanks for the compliment, but the stand is far from complete, still is a work in progress. It will have stretchers for all sides that should make it sturdy and stable enough even with a taller configuration.

Hi timber715 ,please don't forget to post a pic when their finished.

Quote Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
    Hi timber715 ,please don't forget to post a pic when their finished.
    Ok sir I will, though my speakers should arrive April 2011, the stands should be complete in a week or two... our distributor here (takes good care of us) has a good room and some friends that with well set-up'ed too. so I'm enjoying the music from my new friends until I have my own.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all...

Default IKEA stands

I have very good soundresults on C7's with the complete(top incl) IKEA/Oddvar stool, light solid pinewood and rigidly assembled.

My C7's have 4 blobs of BluTack/Pritt Budddies on each corner for stability and to keep the bottompanel free to move.

You can also finish them in the colour you like, matching your speakers.
    Probably they are also a good alternative for SHL5's?

Default C7 stand mock-ups - during clamping

here is the mock-up of the stands with the C7 bottom (dummy bottom of course :D) during clamping...

Default C& stands - after sanding and staining

and here they are after sanding and staining...

all thats left is the poly finish... and the C7's (which will arrive April. lol)...

They look really good! I really like the design you've come up with. You may have mentioned it already but what veneer will your C7's be? The Rosewood would look great on those.

Default Good stands ...

Quote Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
    They look really good! I really like the design you've come up with. You may have mentioned it already but what veneer will your C7's be? The Rosewood would look great on those.
    I wanted the Rosewood, but ordered Cherry instead since I needed the extra cash to buy other gear... Thank you for the compliment...

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast