Asking Harbeth UK questions about old Harbeth/BBC speakers
We receive occasional requests for brochures, spec sheets, serial number cross-checks, veneer colour verification, name of original customer, reviews and even price lists (!) for Harbeth speakers made many years ago. Whilst we are sympathetic, all the information we have available is shown here. The production Log Books are securely kept off-site, are not computerised and have to be retrieved. So, we have decided to offer this to those selling their speakers:
1. We can only provide basic information (date of manufacture, veneer) for current and one previous generation of speakers providing that spare parts are currently available. As there are no spares for Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4 we cannot comment on these speakers, production of which ended 22 years ago.
2. We cannot photocopy, scan or otherwise provide info. not already shown on the spares page such as reviews, price lists and so on. For example, we can look up info on the current C7ES3 and the previous C7ES2 but cannot provide info about Harbeth speakers made before Alan took over and formal record keeping began.
3. In future, as the on-line registration system grows, it may be easier to provide more information.
4. We cannot give any indication of value. The sellers is responsibility for deciding what his speakers are worth after considering the availability of spares (here), condition etc..
5. We will always direct potential buyers of old and second hand speakers to the Spares Matrix so that they can decide for themselves the purchase value, after considering the availability of spares. Sellers should be honest with buyers about what we can supply spares for .... there are no spares for Mk1, 2, 3, 4 etc..
Thanks for your understanding.