Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New year, 2010!

Default Re: Heaviest snow in UK for 50 years ....

Quote Originally Posted by harbethpr View Post
    It wasn't snowing when Alan departed London for the CES earlier today, but now London Gartwick airport is closed .... he's arrived in the warmth in Las Vegas. Had he left a day later, as he usually does he'd have been stranded here. Snow

So if you do have a chance to say hello sat the CES please do so!
    Between the snow and the security, I'm glad to hear he even made it out!

I can't believe how narrowly I missed the snow in London - seemingly the heaviest in living memory. Maybe I'll be trapped in Las Vegas forever wasting away propping up the bar at an endless circuit of night clubs. I tell you, this jet set lifestyle is a torture. What I have to put myself through for you, dear reader! (At least it's relatively warm here).

Snow latest here and here and here 1000 cars trapped on a snowy motorway near Harbeth. British army called-in to help. These are truly unprescedented scenes. And more snow to fall.
    Also here.

I'm sorry to say that for the fist time ever, the Harbeth factrory has been closed due to the weather. Production manager Andy abandoned his car attempting to get in.

================================================== =========================

BTW, if anyone has today's (6 Jan) The Times could you tell me the answer to yesterday's basic Times2 crossword, No. 5040, 15 down? 6 letters. Many thanks.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

The UK is completely covered in snow .... 7 Jan 2010 satellite photo
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Default London Gatwick airport ....

Bad news - London's second airport and about 20 mins from the Harbeth factory is still snow covered. Unfortunately, none of our staff have been able to reach the factory this week so we have lost an entire week's production. Although I live walking distance from work, at this time I am still here in the USA.

This means that we will have to reschedule deliveries backwards, as soon as we can get into work and restart production.

Views of the airport, near Harbeth here and local villages here.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Default Re: New year, 2010!

Fortunately, the 15cm we were threatened with for Saturday in the SE didn't materialise and the snow we have is now melting. Hopefully, we won't have any more.

A week after the snow, my colleagues have managed to get Harbeth UK open again. They were greeted by the attached picture of the entrance roadway to our industrial park. Anyway, the road has been cleared and if we can receive the 18 pallets of cabinets from our off-site store we can restart production again.

We've emailed all distributors explaining that we are doing our best but there will be some delays as you'd expect with an entire week's production lost.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

A week after the snow first fell, my colleagues have today anaged to get Harbeth UK open again. They were greeted by the attached picture of the entrance roadway to our industrial park. Anyway, the road has been cleared and as soon as we can receive the 18 pallets of cabinets from our off-site store we can restart production again.

We've emailed all distributors explaining that we are doing our best but there will be some delays as you'd expect with an entire week's production lost.

UPDATE --- 13.1.2010

Yet more snow. The factory closed again as staff cannot get to work.
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12