Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: what CDP are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by do_Ob View Post
    My ex-CD player is a {-} CD and is in perfect working condition. Another item I can happily handover to my nephew. He's in training to become another music lover. He already has composed a tune all on his own and is constantly playing in my head.
    Yes," Harbeth lover" in the making. My son is now learning to play acoustic guitar. Now, he has 2 of them. He said, dad please don't sell the SHL5. I will buy it from you when I'm already working. He is now only 18 yrs young and still schooling.

AdamW Guest

I have Sugden CDMaster. This will be replaced with the Naim CD5X within the next few days.

911turbojk Guest

I am using my SHL5 with Meridian G08.2 ,,,,,

I use a Marantz CD16 (the other components are Dynaco Pas3x and Dynaco ST70 II) with my compact 7 ES2. The sound (for me) seems analog with many details.
    Luca.

Yakamozan Guest

EERA DL1, very happy with it. Compared it with the Naim CDX2 before buying and even with the external PS of Naim i preferred the DL1 and bought it

Quote Originally Posted by Yakamozan View Post
    EERA DL1, very happy with it. Compared it with the Naim CDX2 before buying and even with the external PS of Naim i preferred the DL1 and bought it
    Hi Yamakozan, may I know if you have owned Naim amps before since you have the CDX2? Do you still have the CDX2? Reason of asking is I am looking at this player. Naim CD players need to match Naim amps to have the full Naim effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder View Post
    Hi Yamakozan, may I know if you have owned Naim amps before since you have the CDX2? Do you still have the CDX2? Reason of asking is I am looking at this player. Naim CD players need to match Naim amps to have the full Naim effect.
    Hi Ryder,

I respectfully disagree with your above statement. Sold my Naim amp and now using Exposure with Naim CDS2.

Best regards

Hi Sunshine,

If you hadn't noticed, I didn't say Naim CD players don't sound good with other amps. May I ask which model of Naim amp that has been replaced with the Exposure, and which Exposure are you using right now?

Am running a Marantz SA-11S2 in my system with Blue Circle pre/power and Harbeth Monitor 30's.

I am using a PrimaLuna Prologue 8 tube CD player with the upgraded chip. I'm very happy with it.

joebar Guest

Use the Nad M5.

I use the Copland CDA-277 as the basic player and a SONY NS-900-V

A lovely old (but in perfect!) Meridan 500 Mk II Transport running into a Naim DAC. To complete the picture, the DAC runs into a DNM 3C Six pre amp and DNM PA2B monoblocs into my P3ESRs...wonderful in every way!

Bodfish, seriously nice system. Enjoy!

John

I'm using a recently bought Rega Apollo.

Geoff.

hi,

i am using accuphase 800/801 cd-sacd player on my harbeth m40.1. for me simply the best.

I'm using a Cambridge Azur 840C. I really appreciate it. A great cost/quality value.

Sebastien

im a CEC junkie 3300 and tl51xr
    Attached Images Attached Images

honmanm Guest

Arcam Alpha (original type, about 20 years old), with a few component substitutions & improved power rail decoupling on the DAC board. There are plenty of better CD players, but maybe not for around 30.

macraddy Guest

That post brought a smile to my face! My first ‘proper’ CD player was an Arcam Alpha 1. Their amps were excellent value. It was royally shown up by the Linn turntable I had at the time, but was a fraction of the cost and held its own considering s! I bought a Linn Ikemi after the Arcam which was very nice indeed. This can be purchased used for very little nowadays . In fact, the performance jump between the Ikemi and the machine which replaced it, the Linn Unidisk 1.1, certainly didn’t justify the massive difference in price, in retrospect.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast