Thread: remove Harbeth logo from the grille

Default remove Harbeth logo from the grille

Is there any way to remove the Harbeth logo from the grille of my wonderful M30s? Can I do that without damaging the grille and in a way that there will not remain any stain on the grille? Just pull...?
    There are too many logos staring at us in this world which has led to my preference to reduce them at home at least. (I would never buy a shirt with a logo on the back for that matter...) Nevertheless I will remain a happy owner - and isn't a Harbeth the perfect understated loudspeaker anyway??

Default Re: remove Harbeth logo from the grille

You could try gently heating the back of the logo with a hair drier. This should soften the glue allowing you to peel it off but beware, it might well leave a glue residue. Personally, I would keep the logo where it is.

you should be proud to own a Harbeth...so let it be there...

While I can be proud of my daughter, I would rather say I am a very happy owner and user when it comes to the Harbeth. Indeed it's a daily source of joy!

In case nobody has noticed, the dimensions of the M30 are quite close to the golden ratio when you seen them from the front (they are 460mm high while the golden ratio would require them to be 448mm high), which is one of the reasons why they are such a pleasure to look at. The logo does not really do them justice in my opinion. It's a little like leaving the logo on the sleeve of an elegant sports jacket or trenchcoat, if you know what I mean... We do live in a logo obsessed world by all means!
    Anyway, this is as geeky as it can get I suppose!!!

It would probably taken weeks or months for the Harbeth's designer/owner to come up with the name and design and probably more man hours before deciding where to put the Harbeth Logo. Not to mention the type of glue selected to stick the logo so that it doesn't damage the special grille cloth. Maybe, you could ask if Harbeth would make custom designed Harbeth Logo for extra costs as I doubt Harbeth would let someone to take away their pride from speakers.

ST

The name 'Harbeth' comes from the companies founder Dudley Harwood and his wife, Elizabeth.

We could have had 'WoodE' or 'Dudbeth'

;)

Richard Guest

Default Removing grille logo

I would have to agree that I would have preferred that the logo was removable. I don't need to be told they are Harbeth's, and as far as other people who come into my house to listen, they are all told that are fortunate enough to be listening to music through them.

It really comes down to each person's personal taste, and to the fact that some of us would rather not stare at the logo, because, undoubtably, we like the looks of it without the somewhat large logo on the front of the loudspeaker. It would be nice to have the option to remove it without damaging the front grille, without glue and without a tear or hole.

{Moderator's comment: we can't win. When we used weak glue the badges dropped off, sometimes even in transit due to temperature change. So we Superglue them on now and that problem is totally resolved. Sorry but we are not revisiting that - it is solved.}

Default Logo badge

I actually prefer the older Harbeth logo. Though smaller but more classic looking IMHO. In any case, i'd never remove the logo from the grille.

{Moderator's comment: oddly enough when we changed the badge a few years ago, sales started to increase. Coincidence? Better promotion and awareness?}

Just curious: would Harbeth entertain this (i.e. a "no logo" version) as a custom option on a new order?

{Moderator's comment. No! The badge is part of our brand awareness!}

Default Proud to see the logo

I for one am proud to have the Harbeth logo on my P3's. These are outstanding speakers and their designer and the Harbteh team have earned the brand awareness. I have rarely come across a product or brand with the overall positive feedback that Harbeth gets. The logo is simple and understated. Fits in beautifully with the speakers overall aesthetic. Let the sound draw your eye to the logo, as it should be.
    Last edited by Art K; 13-02-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Superglue?

{Moderator's comment: we can't win. When we used weak glue the badges dropped off, sometimes even in transit due to temperature change. So we Superglue them on now and that problem is totally resolved. Sorry but we are not revisiting that - it is solved.}
    My badge keep slipping off even with slight handling. That is rather annoying. May I know what superglue do you use?

Default Deliberately remove grille logos

I bought my M30's used with missing logos. The previous owner had them removed, and there are no visible marks that there was a logo there before. I however don't now how he did it.
    I am very proud of my Harbeths, but i totally get your point about logos, i do the same thing. Especially when it comes to Hi-Fi and listening, i don't want distracting text in front of me when listening.
    I did the same thing with my 15 Ohm Chartwells, wich proabably wasn't very smart if i'd ever want to sell them to a collector..

Default Logo

Really we are talking about removing a logo. Wow don't we have better things to do this is a real laugher. I'm speechless��