Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which subwoofer have you paired with your Harbeths?

Default Which subwoofer have you paired with your Harbeths?

What subwoofer have you paired with your Harbeths? Looking for suggestion to fill the lower frequencies on my C7 setup.

ACI Force XL (Mono). Works quite well with SHL5.

tried single and dual (as stereo, L and R) SVS PB10 active sub with external anologue xo and electrical + digital external xo + external digital room eq and also REL Strata 3 and 5 w/o any external xo and room eq.

Currently using a old REL strata mk1 with my c7 running full range. Still fine tweaking the sub due to some room mode issue.
    "Bath in Music"

REL R505 with my SHL5s

I'll be demo-ing at JL Audio F110 vs a REL B3 tomorrow and will report back my findings. Thanks for the R-505 suggestion, I'll see if they have one in stock I can demo as well.

jdinco Guest

REL R500 with my C7's - great results.

Demo'd both subs for about 2 hours in store and ended up ordering the B3 in Cherry :-)

REL is always good for music.
    "Bath in Music"

B&W ASW750s for me
    Paul

"If all else fails, read the instructions"

Default Rel b-3

REL B-3 with C7ES3. Excellent results.

Default Just a small contribution from the sub ...

Rythmik F12SE with my SHL5. I like it because the of the precise low pass crossover point and the phase adjustments which is very important for proper integration with the main speakers. It is cheap and well built. I did audition other subs like Velodyn, Sunfire and Rel but nothing gave me the control like the Rythmik considering that you only need very little bass extension with the Super5.

Beware though, you are not going to hear the sub often ( if you have set up correctly) unless you want the extra bass that is not part of the original recordings.

ST

Default REL Storm

I use a REL Storm V with SHL5's in my 30m2 listening room.
    It integrates very well and just adds a nice and solid fundament for the music in my room.
    Happy listener

Default REL Strata

Similar to the comment above, my 10 year old REL Strata III works seemlessly with the SHL5s in a 10'x20'x8' room.

Default Velodyne DD10

Velodyne DD10. Significantly better than any REL out there.

Default BK Electronics subs

BK XXLS400 here. BK Electronics is a small British company that sell direct. Subs have high level connections so can be connected to the speaker outputs of your amplifier and the crossover/volume set independently (and a remaining line-level connections used separately for home cinema purposes).

Default Pb-12

SVS PB12-NSD (late model) with 7ES3's. Xover at 55Hz in a 2.1 system. Very satisfied with the results.

Default My sub

JL Audio F113

Default Shocking value!

>BK XXLS400 here. BK Electronics is a small British company that sell direct. Subs have high level connections so can be connected to the speaker outputs of your amplifier and the crossover/volume set independently (and a remaining line-level connections used separately for home cinema purposes).

+1 for BK subs. I have this model too and it's shockingly good value. Compared to a REL R-328 and went with the BK.

Default SVS PB12-NSD 3dB at 21 Hz

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    SVS PB12-NSD (late model) with 7ES3's. Xover at 55Hz in a 2.1 system. Very satisfied with the results.
    The SVS PB12-NSD appears to have a –3dB low-frequency cut-off point of around 21 Hz relative to the (very flat) response in the pass-band. See the measured response here.

Default Rythmik F12SE 3dB at 12 Hz

Quote Originally Posted by STHLS5 View Post
    Rythmik F12SE with my SHL5. I like it because the of the precise low pass crossover point and the phase adjustments which is very important for proper integration with the main speakers. It is cheap and well built. I did audition other subs like Velodyn, Sunfire and Rel but nothing gave me the control like the Rythmik considering that you only need very little bass extension with the Super5.
    The Rythmik F12SE seems to have a –3 dB low-frequency cut-off point of around 12 Hz or so! A measured frequency response curve can be found here. The response has a gentle roll-off at low frequencies, with a quite rounded knee.

I'd be interested to learn the answers to three questions:

1. What crossover frequency was used to partner the F12SE with the SHL5 speakers?
    2. What were the crossover slopes of the low-pass and high-pass filter sections?
    3. Where was the subwoofer positioned in relation to the SHL5 speakers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast