Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which turntables do You use?

Using an Inspire Eclipse with Rega RB251 and Ortofon 2M Red. Hoping to upgrade the cartridge soon. Am loving getting back into my vinyl collection, although requires a bit more patience than CD!

Quote Originally Posted by tein3 View Post
    I am using a Rega P3-24 with Dynavector P-75 mkII phono stage, cartridge, also a Dynavector xx2 mkII. Vibration control... with these rubber balls... cannot remember the name of the manufacturer though... but it helps with my "muffling" issues
    Isobearings? Here a Wilson Benesch 'Full Circle' with Lehmann Black Cube phono stage.

I'm using the VPI Superscoutmaster signature w/heavy platter upgrade. Arm is JMW signature 9". I have also changed the junction box to run balanced.
    Phonostage is BAT VK-P10, cartridge is Dynavector XX2 MKII, phonocable is pr. of AQ Skys.

Hi garmtz, yes! They are the Isobearings, thanks for the reminder I was just talking about it last evening to a friend which I just could not recall... hahahaha, sign of getting old?

VPi Scout, JMW 9", Dynavector XX2 MkII, Trichord Research Dino with Dino+ PSU phono stage.

The XX2 brought more awesomeness in combination with the Harbeth sound.

Default My turntables and cartridges ...

Kuzmas Stabi 2, Stogi reference, Micro Benz Ruby MKII, Jolida JD9, Viva Solista, as digital source I use PC (flac), Behrinnger Ultramacht 2496 DAC or HRT streamer

Default My turntable arm and cartridge

SOTA Sapphire TT, RB250 tonearm and Dynavector 20XH cart.

hannah-ham Guest

Default My system(s)

Here we go, my first reply in this wonderful forum:

Set 1: Transrotor Fat Bob S with magnetic bearing, Rega RB 250 modified, Benz Ace H with direct Cabel to an Graham Slee Gram Amp II se

Set 2: Thorens TD 160 Super (with 10mm Bearing) new frame (4 cm deep), Pro Ject Motor control unit, SME 3009 II with direct cabel and Ortofon 540 II.

Both are running with an Unison Unico SE Integrated Amplifier and (YET!!!) Dyaudio Focus 140.

I am planning to buy some P3 ESR pretty soon.

Regards

Michael

{Moderator's comment: welcome. What a great decks.}

Default My turntable

VPI Scout, JMW arm, Dynavector 10X5 cart, and Jolida JD9 phono amp.
    Amplification is with a PrimaLuna Prologue 2.

audio39 Guest

Luxman PD-300 / Grace G-704 Unipivot / Ortofon HMC 30 LOMC

tonysco Guest

Circa 1984 Mission 775 + 774 Tonearm + Supex SD Mark II Moving Coil connected to my Quad 44 + Quad 405-2 (both recapped) - it all sounds sweet!

ical Guest

Rega P9 & RB1000(using JA Michell Technoweight), Dynavector XX2 Mk2 and Whest PS.30RDT.

Thorens TD 125 MKII with Grado Gold cell and needle brings me in sonic heaven ever since I finally got my SHL5's at home, delicious!

blazh Guest

Nottingham Analogue Horizon with Rega RB250 tonearm and Elys MM cartridge. Creek OBH-18 Phono stage.
    Considering upgrade to Ace Space Tonearm.

1st post, new Harbeths only a week old, Compact 7es-3, Oracle mk II turntable, Mission 774 arm, Denon DL 160 MC cartridge, Audio Research SP 10 pre and Cayin 88T amp, a modest record collection that grows by the week...whew.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Macjager View Post
    1st post, new Harbeths only a week old, Compact 7es-3, Oracle mk II turntable, Mission 774 arm, Denon DL 160 MC cartridge, Audio Research SP 10 pre and Cayin 88T amp, a modest record collection that grows by the week...whew.

George
    Welcome to HUG and most importantly, congtrat to you into pure music world thru C7ES-3.
    "Bath in Music"

I'm using a Thorens TD160BC modified by Audio-T (circa 1983), with a Mission 774 arm and Ortofon 2m black MM cartridge. RIAA is via a pure sound p10 phono amp.

David

Marsanz Guest

Hi all!

I am new to the HUG, I am using my SHL5s with a VPI Scoutmaster, Dynavector DV XX 2 MKII cart and a Cinemag SUT running through a McIntosh C2300 preamplifier.

Well Tempered Labs Amadeus with Dynavector DV XX 2 MKII cartridge...... Match made in heaven with my SHL5's and Naim amps.

Jeff

dps2, Schroder Model 2 SQ, Dynavector DV XX-2 MKII with Whest PS.30RDT SE... With Lavardin IS Ref :D
    Music is not to be denied... is to be enjoyed!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast