Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which turntables do You use?

My goodness, that is a beautiful Lenco. Did you have it restored?

Quote Originally Posted by muypogi View Post
    Just arrived to complete my system based on the Compact 7. . .

Lenco L75 S16 with original Acos arm + Benz MC Gold cart on a layered rosewood plinth . . .

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jplaurel View Post
    My goodness, that is a beautiful Lenco. Did you have it restored?
    Thanks! Got the table as a new old stock one from a dealer in Spain, of all places. Except for the layered plinth and the new acrylic dust cover, everything is original. Had to convert it to 60hz though, as I had a Euro 50hz model.

Here's a pic with the cover:

Here's another idler drive I have, a rare Pioneer PL-25 idler that I'm fixing up for a second system:

Hi Philip,

I will for sure in the next week. Just have to put the Stillpoints cones and risers on. It's pretty much finished yet. I started listening to it last Friday, setting up the SME 312S, what a piece of ingeneering!

Sébastien

Hi Sebastien

I totally agree with you about the SME 312S I used one on a fully restored Garrard 401 with a variety of cartridges:absolutely superb sound!!
    It would be very nice to see pictures when you have completed your project.

Paolo

If I may lower the tone a little -

Fully serviced and fitted with a humble AT120E cartridge, it's a highly entertaining and clean tracking old budget deck in regular use in my little second system

A few pictures of my Garrard 401 / SME 3012 MKII / Denon DL-103 turntable, rewired with Vandenhul Thames phono interlink. DSC02613.JPGDSC02615.JPGDSC02626.JPG
    This one does the magic trick for me!

Starting on from next week a Townshend Rock 7 after my Vpi Scout

I have a Garrard 301 with SME 3012 S1 plus Bluenote Babelle or V15 Mk3 cartridges, Thorens TD 124 with SME 3009 S1 with V15 Mk3, projects include Lenco L75- probably putting an old Hadcock and Benz Glider on it- and Commonwealth R12D with Grace G-660P and V15 Mk5. I love old idler wheel turntables. Drive, rhythm and grip. Main system speakers Harbeth 40.1s, Fosgate phono stage, Raysonic Ref 2 preamp, Silicon Arts VL120 amps, second system Tannoy D700 or ESL 57s, Leben RS100U preamp, Leben CS 660P power amp and Marchand phono stage. Building a pair of JBL 4333s for playing rock'n'roll loud. Love TDA 1541 16 bit CD players too- have had a Marantz CD7 from new, plus an ancient California Audio Labs Tempest 11. The good times roll!

Welcome Stephen, wonderful system you've listed there. I've always lusted after the Marantz CD7 ever since it came out and almost managed to buy a used unit around 5 years ago from a Canadian who unfortunately had second thoughts and pulled out of the sale at last minute.
    But at least I have the Harbeth M40.1s like you. Did you buy them from Jason at Parmenter? I'm looking forward to seeing his new wooden stands for them.

Thumbs up My Michell TT

Using a Michell TecnoDec with Michell 250 arm + TecnoWeight and together with a Nagaoka MP110.
    Other sources you see on picture are Cyrus FM7 and CD8SE.

Also using an LFD Zero LEIII/MMamp in same case (so not electronically integrated; has own transformer and PCB!!)
    Combined with Harbeth C7ES-3 on Ikea Oddvar stands.
    DNM interconnects and ArtSpeak(Dutch brand) LScable and ArtSpeak Powerdivider and Powercords.

In general sounding very pleasant, warm but open and detailed with contoured bass, realism and nice highs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the 40.1s came from Jason and are on Skylan stands. His new stands are great- but he hasn't any for 40.1s yet, focussing on 3s,5s and 7s- the big sellers relatively. Still worth looking out for a CD7- you can use it as a DAC plus the transport/laser mech is now being remanufactured. I'm going to buy one just in case. Still the most natural sounding CD player IMHO- but I do lust after some of the EMM Labs gear Jason sells.

I agree, the Garrard 301 with a Series 1 3012 is a great combination. I use a fully Schopper upgraded Thorens TD 124 with a Swissonor TA10 (a reworking of Thorens TP14, Ortofon RS 309D SPU 85 and 90th Anniversary, Koetsu Red Sig and Air Tight PC1. I also have a fully restored by Loricraft Garrard 401 fitted with SME 312S-this turntable is gorgeous but just a little bit too big for my stands so has been stored until I move to a larger flat.(and get another stand!)The Thorens is first choice in my system, on purely aesthetic grounds as in reality there is a very small difference in level of performance. My speakers are the amazing Harbeth P3ESRs with Pass Labs Aleph P Pre, Aesthetix Rhea phono stage, and Thomas Mayer 46 SE amp. All wiring is LFD Black Widow /Siver Scorpion.

The SUPER-Lenco L75 w/ Jelco Tonearm: :D

well, a technics SP10 with SME3009II and SAE1000; Garrard 301 with SME3012 and DL103r; Garrard 401 with SME V Ortofon 2M Black; Goldring GL88 with Jelco 750 LB and DL103; Garrard 401 with SME3009 II and SAE 1000 and a Sony TTS3000 with Nagaoka MP500. Too many turntables. My favourites are the 301, the 401 with SME V and the SP10.

Thumbs up The SUPER Lenco L75 Turntable

Hi! Sharing with you all some more images of the TAS-fortified SUPER-Lenco L75:

Now Playing: Seawind, Randy Crawford, Earl Klugh and Taja Seville :rock:

Well Tempered Simplex

Default VTA adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Art K View Post
    Well Tempered Simplex

Hi Art,

You should adjust your VTA. The front head of the cartridge is not perpendicular to the disc.

Sébastien

Default Technics SP-10 mkII

Hi,

Here's my Technics SP-10 mkII turntable. This one was built in October 1979. Now it is fully restored with Albert Porter's panzerholz base, SME 312S tonearm, Denon DL-103r cartridge, Micro-Seiki CU-180 gunmetal mat and TTweight Superclamp. The external power supply has also been restored and the components upgraded. Same for the interior of the table.

This table is very neutral and dynamic. A pleasure for the ear and the soul with good synergy with my Harbeth SHL5 and the rest of my system.

Sébastien
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great shot Sebastien. Timeless design and looks and I'm sure wonderful sounding.
    Is the clear plastic cover over power switch there for a reason? Philip.

Hi Philip,

From what I read on the net regarding that plastic cover, it was usually there for the use in studio and broadcast where you don't want someone hitting the button "Stop-Start" when you are "on air". Usually, the domestic version of the SP-10 mkII don't have it.

I must tell you that if someone have that button on his SP-10, he should leave it in place. I saw more than one SP-10 marked because the owner tried to take it off while it is pretty well glued there and it protects the original button.

Have a good day,

Sébastien

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast