• Welcome to the all-new HUG. All content has been converted from the old system, and over the next days we will re-style HUG in a more familiar way.

P3ESR 40th Anniversary

hifi_dave

Just received my 40th Anniversary P3ESR and boy are they good.

First thing is that they look beautiful in their Olive Wood finish - so good, even my Wife commented that they "look pretty" and that doesn't often happen with Hi-Fi. The fit n finish is superb and the little extras like the name plate, badges and terminals give them a very sophisticated, classy look and the smell of the wood is wonderful.

Haven't found time to give them a proper listen but a quick audition shows an extra clarity and lower colouration over the superb standard version. These are definitely winners.

asaph

Last week I ordered a pair of the new 40th anniversary P3esr. Looking forward to set up a system in a small room. My main system is anchored by the SHL 5 plus 40th anniversary. Beautiful in sight and sound!

acroyear

hifi_dave said:
Just received my 40th Anniversary P3ESR and boy are they good.

First thing is that they look beautiful in their Olive Wood finish - so good, even my Wife commented that they "look pretty" and that doesn't often happen with Hi-Fi. The fit n finish is superb and the little extras like the name plate, badges and terminals give them a very sophisticated, classy look and the smell of the wood is wonderful.

Haven't found time to give them a proper listen but a quick audition shows an extra clarity and lower colouration over the superb standard version. These are definitely winners.
to my mind harbeth speakers are some of the best looking, though I find my 2 favourites in terms of looks are the 7 and the 3. The 7's symmetry and surround of the woofer give it a wonderful utilitarian look, lucky for me that is the speaker I own, though a pity it is used with the grill on of course!