• Welcome to the all-new HUG. All content has been converted from the old system, and over the next days we will re-style HUG in a more familiar way.

Radial-2

E

eelekim

Hi Alan,

What's the differences between RADIAL and RADIAL-2?

Regards,
mike

A.S.

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Radial-2

The RADIAL2 driver uses a new surround. It is used in the Compact 7ES3.

S

shseto

The RADIAL2 driver uses a new surround. It is used in the Compact 7ES3.
Alan,

When are you going to use it on the ohter speakers? or it will only be made used of with the ES3 ?

A.S.

Administrator
Staff member

That's an interesting idea. But I have no plan to do that at this time.

A.S.

Administrator
Staff member

Actually, the M40.1 uses a significantly new midrange driver that is optimised for use in the midrange, is based on RADIAL2 and we call it RADIAL2X.

E

eelekim

It seems RADIAL has been revised to present its optimised performances in different functions and models. Do the performances have easily audible differences? Anyway, I guess, with such practice, each Harbeth speaker model may have its very own outstanding sound, which is good for different needs.

mike

A.S.

Administrator
Staff member

Actually, it is only in the last few months that I have had a very intensive look at what is achievable from the RADIAL technology. The sound differences are small, but working at this level of precision even 0.1g of glue can and does make a difference.

I strongly urge Users to register their Harbeths on the Harbeth web site so that should disaster strike (as it sometimes can when small children or animals are in the home) we can supply exact replacements. It takes only a few moments to Register.

You can register here.

E

eelekim

I've already registered online. Thank you for your consideration. I do think it's great to have such user database. Would you post the statistics of all the registered users around the world? That may be interesting. By the way, I guess I'm the only Harbeth user from Macau who has registered. :p

mike

A.S.

Administrator
Staff member

Registrations are building daily. I don't think that we can publish any information - sorry. I've always wanted to visit Macau.